+ Reply to Thread

Should we order accessories from Verizon or thepocketsolution.com

A Question since ordering "SHOULD BE" tomorrow. Should we order accessories (cig. lighter charger, extra wall charger) from Verizon when we order the phone? Or should we get it from thepocketsolution.com? I was going to order the docking station from Verizon but I also have a question about that? There Sync cable from thepocketsolution.com says it sync's and charges so do you think we can just plug that into the Samsung dock and it will now do both?? Or will we still need to plug in wall charger and sync cable to the dock to have it do both??? Are the accessories better/better price from one place better than the other? They have a Power Package 2 which is $34.95 and it comes with car charger, Home Charger and Sync & Charge Cable but if the synce & charge doesn't do both for the dock I would just get the Power Package 1 for $22.95 w/out sync & Charge Cable.
    Advise me o' great PDA ones

Epic Geek
    typically in the past I have ordered from Verizon because they have replaced failed accessories in the past such as my treo charger that crapped out.

I never really ordered any i730 stuff from them since most everything except for a car charger came in the box and I always left the spare battery in the cradle.

That being said I did order a pocketsolution sync and charge cable that shipped yesterday.

I ordered the i730 full power option package (USB cable, car charger, travel charger and the charger that uses AA batteries) from Pocket Solutions and they worked great.

I'm going to wait for the i760 accessories until I see what else is out there and what will be offered in the shopping section of PDAPhonehome.com

Quote Originally Posted by JohnP007 View Post
    There Sync cable from thepocketsolution.com says it sync's and charges so do you think we can just plug that into the Samsung dock and it will now do both?? Or will we still need to plug in wall charger and sync cable to the dock to have it do both???
    i think this was brought up in another thread, and from what i recall someone said the connection between the USB cable and the cradle was not the same as the connection on the bottom of the phone. this would lead me to think that the charge/sync cable offered by pocketsolutions cannot be used in conjunction with the cradle (which is a bummer, IMO).

BUT, my thinking was that if you want to be able to use the cradle to charge and sync, just use the AC charger that comes with the phone in conjunction with the cradle and USB sync cable. then, order one of the power packs from pocketsolutions to give you a travel USB sync/charge cable and a second AC charger.

The i760 cradle will work like the i730 cradle. One port for charge, one port for sync. VZW will not offer a charge/sync all-in-one cable. Don't want to screw with their bottomline. Pocketsolution is solid I recommend.
    "If pro is opposite of con, then what is the opposite of progress?"

I think I'll buy the cradel from verizon and I'll get Power Pack 1 from PocketSolutions..... Actually is anyone getting the cradel? Couldn't you just get the sync/charger cable and it will do the same thing? Does the cradel just prop up the PDA or is it easier to hit the sync button on the cradel? Could you just keep the sync/charger cable pluged into your computer and when you want to sync just attach the phone to the cable the computer "sees" it and auto sync's? Or is there a lot more to it?

I have the i760. Bought Power Pack 2 from the Pocket Solution--absolutely works as advertised (one cable to sync/charge, etc). Seems like the way to go to me.

So the VZW package for the i760 only comes with a travel charger and a sync cable/dock? No car charger at all?

Quote Originally Posted by jamesavery22 View Post
    So the VZW package for the i760 only comes with a travel charger and a sync cable/dock? No car charger at all?
    Correct...
    Jeremiah 29:11

Thanks, just placed my order with thepocketsolutions.

I just ordered

here is what I ordered From Pocket Solutions.

Code Product Quantity Price/Ea. Total
    PSI-32429 Samsung i760 Power Package 3 1 $44.95

Shipping: First Class - 7 to 10 Days: $2.90
    Sales Tax: $0.00
    Total: $47.85

Contains Charging USB Cable, Car Charger and travel charger.

Lenny

I'll have to look at pocket solutions. I would also like a cradle that syncs/charges.

Hello? Is this thing on?
    I've used pocketsolutions for my sync / charge cable - works as promised!

I have the coil sync and charge cable and the car charger from pocketsolutions and both work great the quality is much better than the cables verizon sent. (IMO)

Life's too short to use a bad phone JSM777's Avatar
    I purchased the Hotsync Package from Pocket Solutions - includes a USB sync/charge cable plus a car charger adapter and wall charger adapter that the USB cable plugs into. So - I can plug into my computer and sync and charge by USB or I can plug the USB cable into the car adapter to charge or the wall adapter to charge. I find it very flexible. The USB cable actually fits the phone connection better than the travel charger or the USB (sync only) cable that come with the phone!! I highly recommend the Pocket Solutions products. I usually bring this package with me and leave the travel charger at home. I will eventually order the cradle to go with the travel charger and USB (sync only) for at home.

Quote Originally Posted by JSM777 View Post
    I purchased the Hotsync Package from Pocket Solutions - includes a USB sync/charge cable plus a car charger adapter and wall charger adapter that the USB cable plugs into. So - I can plug into my computer and sync and charge by USB or I can plug the USB cable into the car adapter to charge or the wall adapter to charge. I find it very flexible. The USB cable actually fits the phone connection better than the travel charger or the USB (sync only) cable that come with the phone!! I highly recommend the Pocket Solutions products. I usually bring this package with me and leave the travel charger at home. I will eventually order the cradle to go with the travel charger and USB (sync only) for at home.
    I was looking at that package too. Could you tell me something? By looking at the label on the wall plug and the car plug can you tell me what the output is in volts & amps?

Is it 5V/1.0 amp or is it 5V/0.5 amp (500 mA)?

Just wondering since the Samsung OEM charger is 5V/1.0 amp.

Life's too short to use a bad phone JSM777's Avatar
    The car adapter has no markings at all. The wall adapter does so I scanned it and the image is attached.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Should we order accessories from Verizon or thepocketsolution.com-power.jpg  

Thank you!