+ Reply to Thread

Speakerphone complaints from person on other end??

Has anybody else been getting complaints from people you are talking to when the phone is on speakerphone? It seems great on my end, but today was the 4th person to say they couldn't keep talking if I left it on speakerphone. Their complaints make it sound like the microphone is too sensitive. The say they hear screaching and their own words. Is there a setting to adjust this?
    Thanks.

A Geek, Of The Female Variety! gigglebyte's Avatar
    My daughter has said the same thing to me about the speaker-phone. I will have to say that when I have it on speaker-phone I also have had the phone close to my PC tower, but when I put the phone on the other side of my desk then she says that it stops screeching. Don't know if this is what you are experiencing but that is the only time I have had that problem.
    One of the first "40" and am having fun playing with my new PDA phone the Samsung SCH-i760
    Anyone who conducts an argument by appealing to authority is not using his intelligence; he is just using his memory. Leonardo da Vinci

Comfortably Converged
    I have used the speaker phone a number of times and have not experienced this problem.

One thing about the 730 was if the sound was too loud or a ringer came on somewhere it wasn't supposed to I could place my finger over the speakers and kill most of the noise. You can't do that with the 760

We test 3 units today at a corporate verizon store with the manager and a tech guy and ALL 3 had the speakerphone issue as a noise interruption for the person on the other end...

IS ANYONE ELSE EXPERIENCING THIS - EVERY SINGLE ONE WE TESTED DID THIS...

is there a fix? i am really surprised thereis not more discussion of this unless we were testing phones from a bad batch...

the verizon guys were surprised but totally agreed - all of them had this problem....

I never had any complaints but then again I just got the phone.

I only experience this problem if I have the volume all the way up when I used Speakerphone, but in my opinion it's just way too loud for that. I normally have it 2 notches down and my experience is fine.

Design wise, the speaker is on the bottom of the phone (behind LCD section) and the microphone is on the very bottom of the lcd section, so if at its loudest, sound loopback will happen especially when you're holding the phone in a way that will send the sound down towards the microphone. Just another small design flaw from Samsung.