+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Headphones for i760?

i ordered my phone and will get it in 2 days.

What headphones/headsets did you guys order for your i760.

Does it come with one like the i730 came with (the white one)

Searching for John Galt lynnpreston's Avatar
    No, it doesn't come with headphones. I bought a stereo adapter from PPCTechs that will work with any wired headphones. I have 4 stereo bluetooth headsets, but rarely use them with the 760. I find it easier to simply use the adapter and a set of Brookstone retractable earbuds. Only problem is that sometimes the voice command voice dial gets activated randomly when using the adapter. A little annoying, but not terrible.

I purchased earbuds on ebay for 2.5mm applications, and they don't work. I only get sound out of one ear (right) when I plug the jack all the way in. If I pull it out just a bit, I can get both ears to play, but it is very unstable.

I have yet to test other 2.5mm jacks to see if the problem is the earbuds or something else. If anyone knows of a quick fix for this problem, please let me know.

It also would activate voice commander quite frequently when I tried listening to music. I disabled voice commander and no longer had the problem.

Let me know what you decide to go with.

EDIT: I did a little more research, and found out that the only types of 2.5mm jacks that will function properly are those with 3 black rings. The most common 2.5mm jacks that you see on ebay do not have this. Mine only has 2 rings. I purchased a 3-ring 2.5mm to 3.5mm adapter, and will let you know when I get it if it works correctly.

Also, disabling the voice commanded did NOT work. But I am attributing this to the headphones not being the correct hardware.
    Last edited by fronc; 10-28-2007 at 09:05 PM. Reason: Updated Information

Quote Originally Posted by lynnpreston View Post
    No, it doesn't come with headphones. I bought a stereo adapter from PPCTechs that will work with any wired headphones. I have 4 stereo bluetooth headsets, but rarely use them with the 760. I find it easier to simply use the adapter and a set of Brookstone retractable earbuds. Only problem is that sometimes the voice command voice dial gets activated randomly when using the adapter. A little annoying, but not terrible.
    What stereo bluetooth headsets do you have? How do you like them?

headphones wired and wireless

Don't forget you can get wireless headsets as well. I just ordered motorola s9s and will report back after I get them. I have been using HT820s that may have been knockoffs (the dangers of eBay). One ear peice went dead. However, they have worked well with the 760 without the dropouts I experienced with the 730.

I also use the wired headset that came with the 730 on the 760. Works well (full stereo except for phone which is left ear only) as long as I can keep the damn things in my ears.
    on the bleeding edge

RWC
    Member Vast Right Wing Conspiracy RWC's Avatar
    verizon has a plug adapter w/ mic and call button for less than $15. I use that with a pair of Bose OE headphones. I havent found a pair of BT headsets that match the sound quality of Bose. Also, my ears get really sore having those buds in so I like the on-ear style and the memory foam does a great job of sealing out ambient sound.

Epic Geek
    I have the S9 and it works well with my 760. I have not setup voice command yet though. Still working through the software I am going to load / keep / buy and that which I am going to discard.

The S9 does come with two sizes of ear buds which helped on the fit comfort side.

RWC
    Member Vast Right Wing Conspiracy RWC's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by depressedVZWuse View Post
    I have the S9 and it works well with my 760. I have not setup voice command yet though. Still working through the software I am going to load / keep / buy and that which I am going to discard.

The S9 does come with two sizes of ear buds which helped on the fit comfort side.

I got a pair of the S9s today and did not like how they fit on my abnormally large head. Took them back and got the Plantronics Voyager 855 and I love it. works like an standard BT earphone but you can attach another earbut for when you want stereo. It is way more discrete then the S9 and alot more comfortable. Bad thing was it was $130 at BB.

Hey got a question guys, are those 2.5mm jacks what they refered to on the i730, a "4C" jack?
    Last edited by s13ghost; 10-30-2007 at 04:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by depressedVZWuse View Post

these are what i use....I never take them off.....I would go out and buy another pair today if they broke....I love em!!!
    I want the storm and I want it now!

Quote Originally Posted by RWC View Post
    I got a pair of the S9s today and did not like how they fit on my abnormally large head. Took them back and got the Plantronics Voyager 855 and I love it. works like an standard BT earphone but you can attach another earbut for when you want stereo. It is way more discrete then the S9 and alot more comfortable. Bad thing was it was $130 at BB.

how loud is voyager

Quote Originally Posted by fronc View Post
    I purchased earbuds on ebay for 2.5mm applications, and they don't work. I only get sound out of one ear (right) when I plug the jack all the way in. If I pull it out just a bit, I can get both ears to play, but it is very unstable.

I have yet to test other 2.5mm jacks to see if the problem is the earbuds or something else. If anyone knows of a quick fix for this problem, please let me know.

It also would activate voice commander quite frequently when I tried listening to music. I disabled voice commander and no longer had the problem.

Let me know what you decide to go with.

EDIT: I did a little more research, and found out that the only types of 2.5mm jacks that will function properly are those with 3 black rings. The most common 2.5mm jacks that you see on ebay do not have this. Mine only has 2 rings. I purchased a 3-ring 2.5mm to 3.5mm adapter, and will let you know when I get it if it works correctly.

Also, disabling the voice commanded did NOT work. But I am attributing this to the headphones not being the correct hardware.
    Did you ever find out if the new 3-ring 2.5mm to 3.5mm adapter worked? I need a cable with a 3.5mm male end and a 2.5mm male end for one car, and for my other car I need a cable with a 3.5mm female end and a 2.5mm male end. I have 2 cables that fit the bill but like you posted, they were the 2 ring types and only played on the right side of the car.

Also I notice when hooking up things like this to stereo's, I always have to crank the volume on the mp3 player or phone, as well as the cd player itself, does anyone know a solution for this, or the reason?
    Last edited by twnboarder; 11-08-2007 at 11:00 AM.

This ebay auction is for an adapter that should work to allow you to plug in any normal 3.5mm stereo head/earphones into the phone:
    2 Gold 2.5mm to 3.5mm Stereo Adapter with 3 black rings - (eBay item 110187964629 end time Nov-08-07 18:50:01 PST)
    If that one is over, the seller has many other auctions with the same adapter under different titles.

^, This will work for your male to female connection. For the male to male connection, VZW's adapter entitled Stereo Cable Adapter and located at http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/s...model=SCH-i760 . However, they should be a cheaper solution available somewhere on ebay...

Verizon has an LG BT on sale right now for under $60. I've orderd them and will right back when I get them.

I have also had a problem with volume out of the headphone jack. Handset/Call/Bluetooth volumes are great, but using the 3 ring Verizon adapter with my in-ear headphones... the stereo quality is good but the volume is really soft even with media player and handset volumes cranked all the way up. Any chance there's a registry hack for this or something?

I could always get BT stereo headphones, but I like to use the set I have if possible...

Love my S9's got 'em last week. nice to be able to watch sling in stereo and answer a call without messing with the phone. I especially like the next/prev track buttons.

I have the Jabra BT620s headphones. They work really well. I use them with TCPMP, Windows Media Player and Sirius WM5. The best part is that I can answer a call without missing a beat. I purchased them a few months ago from 1saleaday.com for $30.

I personally own the Bluetrek st1. At my store, I have my phone set to demo the st1, motorola s9, platronics...out of all of them, the st1's are by far the best for battery life, clarity, and most importantly, COMFORT!!!

Just ordered the Jabra BT620s from amazon.com for 40 bucks. I'll report back when they get here!

Quote Originally Posted by MinionOfEckerd View Post
    Just ordered the Jabra BT620s from amazon.com for 40 bucks. I'll report back when they get here!
    Did you get em yet? Any thoughts? I've been trying to decide what to do here, either get the verizon adapter with the call pickup/end button that allows you to plug in a normal 3.5mm set of headphones, or do I go bluetooth? I wouldn't use them a lot, but I would like to be able to answer a call if need be. I think price wise the wired way is the way to go, but I fear I'll have the dreaded volume problem, and on a plane that will do me no good whatsoever (unless maybe I get some noise canceling headphones?)