+ Reply to Thread

Changing phone plan prior to ordering i760?

I currently have the old $34.99 plan. I have been trying to order the i760 online. But I only receive a $50 ADD if I keep my current plan. The only other option it offers me is to pick the $79.99 "PDA/Smartphone America's Choice® Email 450" plan and get the $100 ADD discount.

I want to be able to cancel data later so I dont want the bundle plan. My question is, if I change my plan to a $39.99 plan and then try to order the i760, would I then receive the $100 NE2 credit? Has anyone been in this situation before?

My biggest concern is, would changing the plan at this point void my NE2? This is not one of the things I could just try out, so I would like to hear from someone who has been in this situation before, as I know this is irreversible. If I changed my plan hoping to get $100 ADD and it voided my NE2, I won't be able to go back to the old plan.

Thanks.
    Last edited by prince_a1; 10-19-2007 at 03:02 AM.

Das Uber Tech Geek

NE2

From what I understand changing the plan now doesn't get you NE2 at $100.
    I think you must be on a higher plan for 3 months before your NE2 changes to the higher amount.

Quote Originally Posted by prince_a1 View Post
    I currently have the old $34.99 plan. I have been trying to order the i760 online. But I only receive a $50 NE2 credit if I keep my current plan. The only other option it offers me is to pick the $79.99 "PDA/Smartphone America's Choice® Email 450" plan and get the $100 NE2 discount.

I want to be able to cancel data later so I dont want the bundle plan. My question is, if I change my plan to a $39.99 plan and then try to order the i760, would I then receive the $100 NE2 credit? Has anyone been in this situation before?

My biggest concern is, would changing the plan void my NE2? This is not one of the things I could just try out, so I would like to hear from someone who has been in this situation before, as I know this is irreversible. If I changed my plan hoping to get $100 NE2 and it voided my NE2, I won't be able to go back to the old plan.

Thanks.

I am typing this at 4am here, so obviously I am not typing it right

It is the ADD that I am having problem with. I am only receiving $50 ADD since I have the $34.99 plan. I am getting the $100 NE2, so no issues with it.

So if I change my plan to $39.99 now before ordering the phone, could it mess up my NE2? I know this is a hypothetical question, so someone who has gone through this might be able to answer based on experience.