+ Reply to Thread

Wifi turns on by itself at times...

I am not sure if my device is possessed, but for some reason Wifi will turn on by itself with different button presses, and last night I witnessed it lying on the table and turning off by itself without any human contact.

Maybe its a Halloween trick from the Samsung engineers?

Seriously though, the battery takes a big hit when it does this, and its only happened three times in the past month, so I didn't make a big deal out of it...

I don't have mine yet (tomorrow)...so I can't say...but I am curious how the general wi-fi experience is?

For the 1 week I had the iPhone, the wi-fi handling was great...meaning it was quick to turn on, discover, associate, and drop...very transparent....

My 6700 is so clunky and takes so long that it's not even worth it unless i'm in a spot for a long time...

Any feedback on what it's like on the i760?

Techie in a Cowboy Town
    Quote Originally Posted by TDG01 View Post
    I don't have mine yet (tomorrow)...so I can't say...but I am curious how the general wi-fi experience is?

For the 1 week I had the iPhone, the wi-fi handling was great...meaning it was quick to turn on, discover, associate, and drop...very transparent....

My 6700 is so clunky and takes so long that it's not even worth it unless i'm in a spot for a long time...

upgrade it to wm6 and the 1.41 radio update ... it makes it fast and seemless ... of course ... I still can't hear my xv6700 ... LOL
    Fuzzy
    Kyo 6035, Sam I300, Sam I330, Kyo 7315, Treo 600, Sam I600, Sam I700, GL1000, HP6315, SX56, PDA2K, Jam, Xv6600 W/cam, Treo 650, I730 Wm2K3, Treo 700W, I730 w/WM 5.0, XV6700, Moto Q (Silver), Treo 700WX, xv6700 wm6, Moto Q Black, Moto Q9m, Sam I760, xv6800, xv6900, Q9C, Touch Pro, iPhone 3G 16G, iPhone 3gs 32G ... not even gonna list the non converged units

cyberwuolf---are you running Phone Alarm?
    Jeremiah 29:11

This is happening to me too. I am running SPB Phone Suite but I have made sure that the profiles are all set to not change the wifi status. Is anyone else having this problem of the wifi turning itself back on after you have turned it off?

Quote Originally Posted by davidc View Post
    This is happening to me too. I am running SPB Phone Suite but I have made sure that the profiles are all set to not change the wifi status. Is anyone else having this problem of the wifi turning itself back on after you have turned it off?
    i had a similar problem. just kept coming on. finally, i went to start>setting>connection tab>connections>advanced tab>select networks

set both of these to my isp and it seems to have fixed the issue

Quote Originally Posted by TDG01 View Post
    Sorry to hijack...

It's great - I was in the Apple store yesterday, and I got on their network in just a few seconds. The hardest part was turning on WiFi, but as soon as I did, it picked it up and offered to connect me.

Has anyone found an answer to this issue? I can't stand the wifi turning on by itself.

Quote Originally Posted by iceclimber1973 View Post
    i had a similar problem. just kept coming on. finally, i went to start>setting>connection tab>connections>advanced tab>select networks

set both of these to my isp and it seems to have fixed the issue
    This seems to have worked for me as well... thank goodness. The Wifi turning itself on constantly was frustrating.

Jon