+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Pairing 760 w/your car?

One of my disappointments with my 730 was finding that it wouldn't successfully pair with my Mercedes. I couldn't get calls and my phone book wouldn't upload.

Has anyone been able to get their 760 to pair up with their car? And get it fully functional??

Please advise. I'll let you know next week if I can get mine to work. (I get my 760 on Saturday, but have to wait till next week to go back to the dealer and buy the Bluetooth attachment.)

I am keeping my fingers crossed for all of us!
    TKD2004

I have heard the bluetooth stack was MUCH better in the i760. Also have you tried Jetware's bluetooth software?

JETware Mobile Software

This helped get it (the i730) to FULLY work with my Parrot 3200 LS.

Info

Maybe if folks could post their pairing experience with the cars in this thread and include your vehicle info, and what functionaly works/doesn't work.

I plan to do this once I get my phone....

Jetware Software

Quote Originally Posted by mrailing View Post
    I have heard the bluetooth stack was MUCH better in the i760. Also have you tried Jetware's bluetooth software?

JETware Mobile Software

This helped get it (the i730) to FULLY work with my Parrot 3200 LS.
    Michael, I had no idea about this software (LOVE THIS FORUM!!!).

I'll give it a try as soon as I can! I am so excited that there is even the possibility of improved functionality!!
    TKD2004

Quote Originally Posted by TDG01 View Post
    Maybe if folks could post their pairing experience with the cars in this thread and include your vehicle info, and what functionaly works/doesn't work.

I plan to do this once I get my phone....
    I had a similar problem with my i730 and the factory bluetooth car kit in my Audi A6. I tried the Jetware and it helped with showing signal strength as well as showing call profiles (missed, dialed, etc. ) I still can't upload my phone book. I just ordered my i760 (it's arriving on Monday). I hope it takes care of the phonebook issue. Good luck.

Techie in a Cowboy Town
    My big ford f350 diesel won't talk to the phones either ... course ... it doesn't have bt, heck .. it barely has seats ... LOL ... my harley on the other hand has the bt upgrade and I can answer the phone via the headset ... can't put my phone book in there .. but answering the phone while cruising on the bike is kinda kewl ... LOL
    Fuzzy
    Kyo 6035, Sam I300, Sam I330, Kyo 7315, Treo 600, Sam I600, Sam I700, GL1000, HP6315, SX56, PDA2K, Jam, Xv6600 W/cam, Treo 650, I730 Wm2K3, Treo 700W, I730 w/WM 5.0, XV6700, Moto Q (Silver), Treo 700WX, xv6700 wm6, Moto Q Black, Moto Q9m, Sam I760, xv6800, xv6900, Q9C, Touch Pro, iPhone 3G 16G, iPhone 3gs 32G ... not even gonna list the non converged units

I paired mine fine (Lexus GX470), but I didn't mess with the phone book (still had my numbers in there). Phone doesn't ring through the speakers though (with the Q9m, it did).
    Jeremiah 29:11

Quote Originally Posted by FuzzyWuzHe View Post
    My big ford f350 diesel won't talk to the phones either ... course ... it doesn't have bt, heck .. it barely has seats ... LOL ... my harley on the other hand has the bt upgrade and I can answer the phone via the headset ... can't put my phone book in there .. but answering the phone while cruising on the bike is kinda kewl ... LOL
    BT or not...riding down the road on a Harley is kewl....I miss my Fat Boy...sniff sniff.....

ebb
    I'll continue to use Jetware Mobile with the 760 even though it pairs fine by itself with my car's built in BT ( Audi S8 ). The reason is that Jetware makes use of Categories in Outlook to reduce the number of contacts in the car's phonebook. For example, I have about 1200 contacts in Outlook, (and in my phone). Jetware allows you to designate a Category in Outlook to filter which contacts move into the car phonebook. Since I'm only likely to initiate a call regularly to about 15% of my contacts, I created an Outlook category called "CarSync" and selected that category in Jetware to transfer. Jetware then filters out the rest of the contacts from the car phonebook. When scrolling through the car's phonebook, it greatly reduces the number of names to scroll through, or if spelling them out, reduces the number of letters needed to locate the contact. This makes for a much safer experience, IMHO.

Techie in a Cowboy Town
    Quote Originally Posted by TDG01 View Post
    BT or not...riding down the road on a Harley is kewl....I miss my Fat Boy...sniff sniff.....
    Just got done putting a 110 kit in my ultra with 255 cams ... sweeeeeeet ride ... dyno'd at 119 ftlbs torque with 102 hp at 3200 rpm ... great touring ride ... and still goes thump thump thump ... hehehehe
    Fuzzy
    Kyo 6035, Sam I300, Sam I330, Kyo 7315, Treo 600, Sam I600, Sam I700, GL1000, HP6315, SX56, PDA2K, Jam, Xv6600 W/cam, Treo 650, I730 Wm2K3, Treo 700W, I730 w/WM 5.0, XV6700, Moto Q (Silver), Treo 700WX, xv6700 wm6, Moto Q Black, Moto Q9m, Sam I760, xv6800, xv6900, Q9C, Touch Pro, iPhone 3G 16G, iPhone 3gs 32G ... not even gonna list the non converged units

...That Funky Monkey brassMONKEY's Avatar
    2007 BMW 550 pairs perfectly! phone book, signal strength icon, battery icon, speed dial, dial from the factory voice dialing button on the steering wheel etc. everything works great! not the case with WM5/i730...

Life's too short to use a bad phone JSM777's Avatar
    I have a 2007 Acrua RDX and the i760 paired fine. I also was able to get the battery indicator and the signal strength indicator with no additional software. I was NOT able to get either of these with the i730. Haven't used it much yet - just paired it today - so not sure about other capabilities yet but, so far, there is already improvement over the i730.

Paired to Lexus

I Paired it to my 2007 Lexus RX400H without a problem. The Signal Strength and Battery meter both work. They did not work with the I-730. I never tried to upload my contacts. I use outook and have about 1000 contacts on my phone.

However then my headset wouldn't work. there is another thread that talks about that problem though.
    Multiple Bluetooth devices not auto reconnecting

Lenny
    Last edited by lwleedy; 10-24-2007 at 08:29 PM.

Will converge for food blaise974's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JSM777 View Post
    I have a 2007 Acrua RDX and the i760 paired fine. I also was able to get the battery indicator and the signal strength indicator with no additional software. I was NOT able to get either of these with the i730. Haven't used it much yet - just paired it today - so not sure about other capabilities yet but, so far, there is already improvement over the i730.
    I wonder if the i760 will pair w/ my 2005 TL? The i730 does but I don't see signal strength or battery level and I have no idea how to transfer my contacts - I suspect that's not even possible. Does anyone know?
    Got the i730. Now what?

blaise, like the two posts above yours, I have also had much better results with an i760 than an i730. I use a nuvi 760 as my nav and handsfree. With my i730, it paired and would voice command call, but I had to push address book entries manually one at a time, and I got no status information.

When I paired the i760, it showed Handsfree, OBEX Push, and ActiveSync. I enabled all three. In about a minute, it had my whole contacts list moved over. It continues to add contacts when I power it on and I have new contact entries. The nuvi also shows signal and battery strength as well as the carrier providing service, all that info was missing with the i730.

I expect you're going to see even better ability with your car like many of us have had. As cybrwulf said in an early post, this is the best Bluetooth device I've ever owned for profile support. There is that glitch with using multiple devices in another thread that is causing headaches, though.
    -s

Will converge for food blaise974's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sleeve View Post
    blaise, like the two posts above yours, I have also had much better results with an i760 than an i730. I use a nuvi 760 as my nav and handsfree. With my i730, it paired and would voice command call, but I had to push address book entries manually one at a time, and I got no status information.

When I paired the i760, it showed Handsfree, OBEX Push, and ActiveSync. I enabled all three. In about a minute, it had my whole contacts list moved over. It continues to add contacts when I power it on and I have new contact entries. The nuvi also shows signal and battery strength as well as the carrier providing service, all that info was missing with the i730.

I expect you're going to see even better ability with your car like many of us have had. As cybrwulf said in an early post, this is the best Bluetooth device I've ever owned for profile support. There is that glitch with using multiple devices in another thread that is causing headaches, though.

Sleeve,
    Very cool. Thanks for the response. Maybe I'll try the i760 for 30 days and see if the pros outweigh the cons. BTW, how do you push a contact w/ the i730 one at a time to HandsFree? Would I need the nuvi?
    Got the i730. Now what?

ebb
    Could some one please look at their registry and provide the value for the following key (should be a dll that's pointed to):

HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Bluetooth\AudioGateway\BTAGExtModule

I'd really appreciate it, as this will save me a hard reset. Thanks!!!!

ebb

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by ebb View Post
    Could some one please look at their registry and provide the value for the following key (should be a dll that's pointed to):

HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Bluetooth\AudioGateway\BTAGExtModule

I'd really appreciate it, as this will save me a hard reset.
    Just bumping to see if I can get some quick registry help. Can someone please provide this info? Thanks.

\windows\vcbthag.dll

jv

ebb
    Thank you, my bro!!!