+ Reply to Thread

Windows Update Disabled?

Got the i760 and as I'm going through the programs I see windows update. Cool. Now when I open it and have it check for update all I receive is the following message.

"Connection to update server was not available. Check your data connections settings and ensure the device date and time are correct."

Can anyone point me in the right direction on this? Am I the only one?

I have it set to use dataplan, but it doesn't work over wifi either.

Also is the only way to "wake" the i760 the button on top?

bump for answers....

Is anyone's windows update working?

IT Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by mutpup View Post
    bump for answers....

Is anyone's windows update working?
    Will let you know later this afternoon!!!!!
    -Spencer

Mine was working the other day, it said there was no update to install at this point. I have it set up to check automatically so I have not messed with it in a few days.

Let me grab my phone real quick.......

Yup states the same thing....No update available at this time.

You might have a data connection problem?

Mine was working as of a couple of hours ago. Same thing as ryncppr, though; no updates available.
    -Jay
    The Fine Print:Nothing in this post (or any of my other posts) is intended to constitute legal advice or the establishment of an attorney-client relationship. For purposes of this forum, I'm just another nerd like you. :-)

same here working, no update to install

Mine is working...

First try to connect with Internet Explorer and see if you can connect, if not do a *22899 (same as *228 option 1) on your phone and then when done, do the soft reset. Next dial *228 option 2, and then let it finish, and soft reset, and then try to get online with Internet Explorer again. If that doesn't work, they might not have your account provisioned correctly, and you will need to call CS and have them try and reprovisioned your account.

Mine didn't get programmed correctly, and I had to call *22899 two times before my data started working correctly.

Do you still use Windows Update in the "mobile" OS's or should it be Microsoft Update like it is on the desktop OS's?

Thank you,
    pat----

Did a hard reset and a *22899 and it's working now...

Though my data plan was working before...must have been something that didn't setup correctly durning....setup.

Quote Originally Posted by psklenar View Post
    Do you still use Windows Update in the "mobile" OS's or should it be Microsoft Update like it is on the desktop OS's?

Thank you,
    pat----
    On the i760, go to Programs-->Windows Update.
    -Jay
    The Fine Print:Nothing in this post (or any of my other posts) is intended to constitute legal advice or the establishment of an attorney-client relationship. For purposes of this forum, I'm just another nerd like you. :-)

Thanks. I broke down and ordered one Friday. Even though I HAD intended to wait for the 5800 to be out so I could compare and decide if I could get by without the touchscreen ... the $99 price was just too tempting.

pat----

FYI: MS is most of the time unable to send updates to phones, not because they don't have them, but because the phone operators won't let them. For you to be able to get an update, Verizon needs to ok it. Knowing how long it took for this to come out, I wouldn't be holding my breath that anything shows up in "Windows Update."

Much of the agreement that VZW did not like about the i-Phone was that apple would have control over the phone, releasing updates and all. VZW wanted that control, and would not give it up.