+ Reply to Thread

Help with my i760...

I've had my 760 for awhile now, and I still cannot figure out the probem. No matter which ringtone I pick for my voice calls, it only rings 2 or 3 times, then I miss the call. The caller only hears 4 rings, and i only hear the ring tone ring 2-3 times.

ALSO, how and where do I load my own ringtones? I cannot figure out how to put an mp3 on the phone and use it as a ringtone.

Does anyone have hacks for WM6 yet?

Where is a good place to find free games? And what AIM program is everyone using? I tried IM+ but I am not paying for it.

Sorry for all the questions, the first one is my main problem.

Palringo--free beta version, Google for it. That's for IM.

I too have the same issue with rings, but I do the "vibrate then ring" option--so that's typical for me.

Haven't added ringtones yet....I'll get around to that.
    Jeremiah 29:11

Quote Originally Posted by Espo View Post
    I've had my 760 for awhile now, and I still cannot figure out the probem. No matter which ringtone I pick for my voice calls, it only rings 2 or 3 times, then I miss the call. The caller only hears 4 rings, and i only hear the ring tone ring 2-3 times.

ALSO, how and where do I load my own ringtones? I cannot figure out how to put an mp3 on the phone and use it as a ringtone.

Where is a good place to find free games? And what AIM program is everyone using? I tried IM+ but I am not paying for it.

As for the number of rings, try calling VZW customer service. I seem to recall reading somewhere that VZW can change the number of rings before the call goes to voice mail.

As to ringtones, copy your ringtone (WAV or MP3) file to the Windows\Rings directory on the i760 and then change the ringtone in the options setting for the Phone.
    -Jay
    The Fine Print:Nothing in this post (or any of my other posts) is intended to constitute legal advice or the establishment of an attorney-client relationship. For purposes of this forum, I'm just another nerd like you. :-)

Epic Geek
    And what AIM program is everyone using? I tried IM+ but I am not paying for it.
    Welcome to the world of Windows Mobile. There are not many free apps that are really functional.

I use IM+ and it is definately worth the investment to me. Free lifetime upgrades.

You can find some free apps, but I have found many of them are poorly written and cause stability issues.

I am not being an ass here but, it's sort of like owning the BMW of phones, if you don't want to pay the price of the service / apps, then you probably should by a regular phone or a palm device.
    Last edited by depressedVZWuse; 10-19-2007 at 04:00 PM.

can't speak to the i760, but my e815 does that - rings once or twice, then goes straight to voice mail. not all the time (and never when the vzw tech is looking at it - it always works *perfectly* then) but more than just part of the time.

personally, i just learned to live with it. i kind of liked having a ready made excuse for why i didn't take a call. "no, i'm not screening my calls. you know my phone is messed up . . ."

Have ray gun, will travel. Invader Zim's Avatar
    I just got off the phone with VZN tech support. Told me there is no way for them to change the default number of rings. Anyone else have a different experience?

Quote Originally Posted by Invader Zim View Post
    I just got off the phone with VZN tech support. Told me there is no way for them to change the default number of rings. Anyone else have a different experience?
    I know VZW had done this in the past but from what I've heard (just like your situation) they're no longer doing it... Why Not? Not a clue...

Have ray gun, will travel. Invader Zim's Avatar
    I saw another thread about phone lag and thought this was related so wanted to add the link given. I would not have searched for Slot Cycle Index so hopefully this will tie the two together for use newbies.

Once again this site has provided priceless information!

PST Menu and Slot Cycle Index changes

Quote Originally Posted by Invader Zim View Post

Ok, If you can then get a BT for your phone. I use Aliph Jawbone and you can set your phone to send it to the BT ear in how many rings. I think it is 1 to 5 rings. Maybe that will help and also as was posted above I set the phone to Vibrate then Ring. With a lot of noise feeding 30+ Pit Bulls the Vibrate helps but you can also set the Jawbone Ring volume and it can be LOUD. Hope this helps, JASTECH
    CM Stacker832/GA-X38-DQ6/Q6600/G.Skill 4GB(2x2GB) DDR2 1000 Dual Kit/EVGA 8800 GTS
    2xSamsung SH-S203B/Zalman ZM-MFC2 <--"For Sale or trade"/HIPER HPU-4B580-MS
    Microsoft VISTA Ultimate 64bit/Ubuntu 7.10/Kaspersky Internet Security (8.346)Beta Tester

how do u put mp3 ringtones in the samsung i 760

Quote Originally Posted by mauricio54 View Post
    Sync the phone with your computer...open up my device....open up my ringtones...drag whichever mp3 you want into the ringtone folder. Then go to Settings...Sounds & Notifications...Notifications..in Event:, select Phone: Incoming Call...go to Ring tone:....select the mp3 that you added.

Quick thought: Since you are asking about changing your ringtone I'm assuming you are using the default ring. This ring is loooooong - could this account for the few number of rings?

There is a rather large thread or two on IM clients here is you search for them. You have many options (many free).

People have explained how to add mp3s to the phone and that there is a My Ringtone folder for these. If you want to chop/edit an mp3 and don't have an editor try Audacity.
    Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur

Quote Originally Posted by mauricio54 View Post
    Mauricio54,

Welcome to PDAPhoneHome.com. I hope you find the site as helpful and as informative as I have.

Two of the things we ask all users to do are read the FAQs and search the forums before posting a question. This helps prevent duplicate threads, which in turn makes it easier for folks to find answers to their questions.

The search button is in the upper right portion of each page. If you have any questions or problems using it, just send me a PM.

Also, as I mentioned, be sure to read the FAQs. They appear at the top of the forum in the yellow banner. The FAQ thread will point you to other threads that contain a wealth of information about the i760.

Again, welcome to our community.
    -Jay
    The Fine Print:Nothing in this post (or any of my other posts) is intended to constitute legal advice or the establishment of an attorney-client relationship. For purposes of this forum, I'm just another nerd like you. :-)

Just remember - the larger the ringtone file - the longer it takes to load and ring.

Good Luck,

RMD
    My cellphone is smarter than your honor student.

With the i730 there was an issue that the phone would delay the ringtone for 3 seconds before playing. I have not tested to see if the i760 has the same problem. However, there is a registry edit that will fix this:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ControlPanel\Sounds\RingTone0
    Modify the 'Script' Value so that the number after the w is 0, or however many seconds delay you want. (No need to soft reset after).

Here is what the codes stand for
    a - stands for display
    r - repeat/replay the script again
    c - sets the volume C50, c150, c100
    f - means flash .. f1 flash for 1 second and f0 stands for flash continuously
    p -means play ringtone
    v- vibrate then incorporate with number to state how many seconds it will vibrate example. v3 vibrate for 3seconds or v0 for continous
    w - stands for wait or pause then specify how many seconds like w3(wait for 3 seconds)

Important Info for Phone Alarm Users:
    When Changing Profiles PhoneAlarm will rewrite the registry and add the w3 back in. To fix this make sure in all Profiles You have "Ring Type" set to either System, 3rd Party or Vibrate and ring without pause.

Richard