+ Reply to Thread

Migrating apps from i730 to i760

I was really excited to be able to finally order an i760 today. I should have it delivered Monday or Tuesday.

What I'm not excited about is the thought of re-installing and re-customizing the new phone with the apps that I have gotten used to on the i730 for a while.

There were several occasions that I had to hard reset my i730 and re-install and re-customize because my full backup would not restore. This was quite an effort -- a great way to spend a weekend or some late nights.

Anyone have suggestions on how to make this process as painless and less time consuming as possible?

New Mexico (yes that's in the USA & the water is drinkable)
    Run the i760 without any of your apps for 2 weeks (get used to it in it's virgin state) and MRailing will have a FAQ up by then ...

beyond that

AFAIK you are going to have to install and rebuild app by app ... thats my plan ... but I hope to see a lot of programs drop out of my rotation ...
    Favorite DNRC's inDUHvidual's quotes

"I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous"
    "Never pet a burning dog"

And you should fine the WM6 versions of your favorite applications. Most developers have been releasing updated software over the past few months.
    i760 VZW

Mike and wallst are both right. I rushed and installed a bunch of software. Now, I'm suffering from a memory leak and don't know what's causing. Run a virgin i760 for at least a few days and then slowly start installing software, checking to make sure its certified for WM6.
    -Jay
    The Fine Print:Nothing in this post (or any of my other posts) is intended to constitute legal advice or the establishment of an attorney-client relationship. For purposes of this forum, I'm just another nerd like you. :-)

Does anyone know if you should still run a program to actually close an application?

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by MotorcycleMike View Post
    Does anyone know if you should still run a program to actually close an application?

Mike
    Yup, you do. With WM6, the "OK" or "X" still only minimizes the program (other than the camera program). I'm using PocketPlus 4.0 right now.
    -Jay
    The Fine Print:Nothing in this post (or any of my other posts) is intended to constitute legal advice or the establishment of an attorney-client relationship. For purposes of this forum, I'm just another nerd like you. :-)

Another word of warning from my recent skinning festival: when you do install apps, only install a couple at a time then use your i760 for a couple of days before installing anything else. Rinse and repeat. If you suddenly notice something different, you only have an app or two to blame. On the other hand, if you install everything you're using on your i730, the only way to know what's wrong if something happens is to hard reset and start over an app at a time.
    -s