+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Saturday Pick up if no Saturday Delivery

• Call Verizon and get a FedEx Tracking Number
    • Call FedEx Saturday morning to locate package.
    • Ask FedEx to call local station to confrim package is there
    • Ask if it is still in the container or available for pickup
    • If available, go pick it up!
    • $0.00 Saturday delivery charge

My local station is 4 blocks away so I'm hoping it isn't locked in the container for monday's deliveries. I'll just walk over and get the phone with no Saturday charges.

I'm sure this will work for some people, and if it does I'll put my PayPal link up and you can pay me the $19 !! (joking)
    www.861.info
    www.freedomtofascism.com

hey, great idea! my fed ex is within driving distance. i will certainly give this a try tomorrow morning!

already got my email with a tracking number. we'll see where it's at in the morning.

has anyone tried this, i am about to attempt it.

I just tried. talk about frustrating. Not going to work for me. since this was not marked for sat delivery, the container that this is in will not be broken down and sorted today and Fedex does not have the man power on Sat to get this done..even if they wanted to.

So now i have to wait until monday, but that is problematic since it needs signature and i will not be home.

UGHGHGHGHHG, til the end of the saga Verizon is frustrating me. the only silver lining..and it is a big one. I got the phone for 99.00. That was pretty awesome. So I guess I should just be patcient and happy
    i600>XV6600>i730>700W>Mot Q>700wx>i760 Finally!

It never gets easier, You just go Faster - Greg Lemond

yea, i just tried as well, no luck

I think the bigger criticism should be on Verizon for this one.

What kind of idiot company launches a online only product on a ****ing Friday?

There's a reason most stuff comes out on Tuesdays.

-Red

Quote Originally Posted by geralde View Post
    I just tried. talk about frustrating. Not going to work for me. since this was not marked for sat delivery, the container that this is in will not be broken down and sorted today and Fedex does not have the man power on Sat to get this done..even if they wanted to.

So now i have to wait until monday, but that is problematic since it needs signature and i will not be home.

UGHGHGHGHHG, til the end of the saga Verizon is frustrating me. the only silver lining..and it is a big one. I got the phone for 99.00. That was pretty awesome. So I guess I should just be patcient and happy
    I got the same answer. It will be locked up in a truck with hundreds of other items until monday.

Quote Originally Posted by forsakenredog View Post
    I think the bigger criticism should be on Verizon for this one.

What kind of idiot company launches a online only product on a ****ing Friday?

There's a reason most stuff comes out on Tuesdays.

-Red
    Do you think that was an accident? I've been thinking about that for a while. Could it be verizon new we were all going to be willing to pay the $19.99 for sat delivery and perhaps it doesnt really cost them that much so they make a few extra bucks on it. Cause really like you say, why else?

tried the original suggestion - no luck.

the *very* nice lady on the phone at fedex did say, however, that it needed only an indirect signature, meaning I could sign a note with signature and date and leave it at my door, and fedex would accept that and leave the package. they also said a neighbor could sign for me. so, for those of you not going to be home, some options are available.

Quote Originally Posted by mnudel View Post
    Do you think that was an accident? I've been thinking about that for a while. Could it be verizon new we were all going to be willing to pay the $19.99 for sat delivery and perhaps it doesnt really cost them that much so they make a few extra bucks on it. Cause really like you say, why else?
    only makes sense if they do saturday delivery in a black helicopter

Just leave a note on the door. I do that all the time. Tell them to leave it someplace out of the way or at a neighbors that you know will be home. Sign it and I've never had a problem. Course I dont live in downtown NYC.
    Last edited by mnudel; 10-20-2007 at 10:13 AM.

Mine's in NJ (I'm in VA), so, unless I want to drive 4 hours to Newark, I'll be sitting tight till Monday.

lol... I'm in VA as well. Package went from WEST CHESTER, PA to NEWARK, NJ. My phone is probably on the same truck as yours. I'm ASSuming they drove it 112miles in the wrong direction(from me West Chester is 140miles) to fly it down? Fitting

mine is about 15 miles away from me.. in Raleigh

Quote Originally Posted by jamesavery22 View Post
    lol... I'm in VA as well. Package went from WEST CHESTER, PA to NEWARK, NJ. My phone is probably on the same truck as yours. I'm ASSuming they drove it 112miles in the wrong direction(from me West Chester is 140miles) to fly it down? Fitting

Mines in Newark as well. There's probably a couple thousand i760s sitting in Jersey right now.... Eww.... Jersey. I feel the need to save my phone from Newark.

Quote Originally Posted by jamesavery22 View Post
    That's funny - mine was the same - I never thought about that. I'm in Arlington, so it would have been quicker to drive to West Chester.

Anyone in Newark want to rescue our phones? We could meet you at the midpoint on 95!

Mine's in Newark too. Ingenious idea though on picking it up in person at the FedEx depot on Saturday if it was there though! Anyone receive theirs and have some scoop on the phone? Anyone else coming from the XV6600?
    Last edited by rhlitt; 10-20-2007 at 12:11 PM.

If you miss the Monday drop completely and they don't try to deliver two times in a day or you couldn't make it to the depot before they close (sometimes the truck will make it back to the depot before they close, letting you pick it up).

I recommend calling with you tag number and just having them hold it at the fedex location it's at, then go pick it up. I consider that the easiest, that way i know it'll be at the depot when i can go pick it up and don't have to worry about missing the truck again the next day.

But i should say that my main ups and fedex hubs are within 15miles of me, so that makes it somewhat easier.

-Red

Quote Originally Posted by onlydarksets View Post
    That's funny - mine was the same - I never thought about that. I'm in Arlington, so it would have been quicker to drive to West Chester.

Anyone in Newark want to rescue our phones? We could meet you at the midpoint on 95!
    Exactly. Looks like they just left Newark at 1:02 PM. Must be on a plane now... Fedex is weird like that. UPS has a much larger ground base and Fedex has always lagged behind in scenarios like this. Fedex relies on air travel too much for non-international shipping.

I guess there's a couple of us in Northern VA awaiting delivery on Monday. Mine is also on that 1:02 PM flight from Newark.