+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    IT Pro

The Saturday Delivery Thread

I just called 611 and got my tracking number. For some reason it wasn't emailed to me. I just tracked it on fedex and it is on the truck for delivery. I'm getting really excited now. I will post pics and initial thoughts when it gets here. After a full charge I'll report initial findings here. I thought this thread could be like the I just got mine one from the first release.
    -Spencer

Just received mine. 9:45am EST. I'll let you know how it is later.

it is much smaller than I expected.

Ditto on the Fedex tracking. On the truck to be delivered by 12pm!! Woohoo!

Only issue is that I had to pay the $50 premium since I ordered via telesales. I tried to get someone in customer service to drop to match the online pricing but got a big fat nibs so I'll try again. Curious to see if the $50 rebate works though. All in all I'm still happy at $149 if that is what I end up paying.

Jay
    If it ain't broke. . . break it!!

IT Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by GadgetNut View Post
    Ditto on the Fedex tracking. On the truck to be delivered by 12pm!! Woohoo!

Only issue is that I had to pay the $50 premium since I ordered via telesales. I tried to get someone in customer service to drop to match the online pricing but got a big fat nibs so I'll try again. Curious to see if the $50 rebate works though. All in all I'm still happy at $149 if that is what I end up paying.

Jay
    Are you saying that you had to pay $50 to get it today? Wow, I paid 19.99. I did pay 149.99 for the phone, and I realize I could probably try to get it for another 100 off, but come on. $149 for a cell phone? Let alone a PDA phone. I paid $400+ for my i730. I will happily accept this 149 price.

12PM is taking forever to get here.....
    -Spencer

IP Telephony Solutions Architect
    got mine. won't power up yet.....hopefully just a battery charge issue

www.861.info
    www.freedomtofascism.com

IT Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Brick View Post
    Thanks Captain, but this thread is for those of us that did get the Saturday delivery...
    -Spencer

Quote Originally Posted by efrsysop View Post
    Are you saying that you had to pay $50 to get it today? Wow, I paid 19.99. I did pay 149.99 for the phone, and I realize I could probably try to get it for another 100 off, but come on. $149 for a cell phone? Let alone a PDA phone. I paid $400+ for my i730. I will happily accept this 149 price.

12PM is taking forever to get here.....
    Nope - just the same 19.99 for Sat delivery. I did end up paying the $149 though for ordering through the rep instead of the $99 for online ordering but I am glad I did as I would have had no way of ordering yesterday and will get the phone today (hopefully!). So all in all, not upset about the $149 but if I can get a customer service rep to knock off the $50 to match the online price I may as well try.

I'm actually surprised the phone was that cheap - I was expecting over the $200 range so that was a nice surprise.

thanks again for the hookup and we all knew that there was a possbility of cheaper online pricing if we wanted to wait until the 19th to order online. Just glad to be getting this sucker!

Jay

IT Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by GadgetNut View Post
    Nope - just the same 19.99 for Sat delivery. I did end up paying the $149 though for ordering through the rep instead of the $99 for online ordering but I am glad I did as I would have had no way of ordering yesterday and will get the phone today (hopefully!). So all in all, not upset about the $149 but if I can get a customer service rep to knock off the $50 to match the online price I may as well try.

I'm actually surprised the phone was that cheap - I was expecting over the $200 range so that was a nice surprise.

thanks again for the hookup and we all knew that there was a possbility of cheaper online pricing if we wanted to wait until the 19th to order online. Just glad to be getting this sucker!

Jay
    Did anyone that placed the order online get Saturday delivery? I am OK with the extra $50 as I was able to specify Saturday delivery. I have a feeling if I call into 611 and try to get more money off, and tell them about the "online" discount, they are going to say, "Sir, you didn't order the phone online." In which case I have NOTHING to say. So essentially, we paid $70 for instant gratification.
    -Spencer

That's exactly how I'm lookin at it!

Edit: just checked the fedex website and says it was delivered!!

Off the the office to pick it up (couldn't deliver to my house as we are new construction and don't show up on the USPS list yet).

Good luck y'all !

Jay
    Last edited by GadgetNut; 10-20-2007 at 10:16 AM. Reason: just got delivered!!

Did anyone that placed the order online get Saturday delivery? I am OK with the extra $50 as I was able to specify Saturday delivery. I have a feeling if I call into 611 and try to get more money off, and tell them about the "online" discount, they are going to say, "Sir, you didn't order the phone online." In which case I have NOTHING to say. So essentially, we paid $70 for instant gratification.
    i ordered online and there was no option to specify your shipping options. it automatically gave you free overnight shipping, which works out to a monday delivery for me.

i would say you are correct in your synopsis - folks who ordered via telesales merely for the ability to get it saturday essentially ended up paying $70 for shipping. not that there's anything wrong with that, to quote an old '90's sitcom

of course, if word starts coming back that the $99 people start getting the MIR rebate too, it works out to $120 for saturday shipping.

IT Pro
    OMG, I should have put a note on the door. I just want to the bathroom, and came back out and there was a door tag from FedEx. WTF, did he hit the doorbell and run? THANK GOD, I can go get it at the pickup center. They told me anytime after 1:30PM. So I will be going up to Londonderry, NH about 15 miles from my house, to get this thing in 2 hours. Again, when I get home I will post initial thoughts, and after a full charge a sort of mini review, with a full review in a few days.... Freaking FedEx.......

To everyone waiting for delivery. If you have to go to the bathroom or take a shower or whatever, leave a note on the door with your signature, the fedex rep said they can accept that.
    -Spencer

It's here, after waiting since last December when I touched it for the first time it's finally here!!!!

OMG, I should have put a note on the door. I just want to the bathroom, and came back out and there was a door tag from FedEx. WTF, did he hit the doorbell and run? THANK GOD, I can go get it at the pickup center. They told me anytime after 1:30PM. So I will be going up to Londonderry, NH about 15 miles from my house, to get this thing in 2 hours. Again, when I get home I will post initial thoughts, and after a full charge a sort of mini review, with a full review in a few days.... Freaking FedEx.......

To everyone waiting for delivery. If you have to go to the bathroom or take a shower or whatever, leave a note on the door with your signature, the fedex rep said they can accept that.
    why does this seem sooo apropos for this phone? after all the delays and rumors and starts and stops, the phone gets to your very door, and still gets delayed *lol*

IP Telephony Solutions Architect
    the delivery guys NEVER ring my bell.

I have gone round and round with them. Especially during the week. They just assume no one is home and leave the tag.

Mine powers up by the way.....power buton is on top....DUH!!!

Syncing now

Saturday deliery mishap

You guys are fortunate. I paid for Saturday delivery by noon, but the tracking status shows my package's last activity was arrival in Memphis at 1:30a. Sigh.

Got mine an hour ago it is fully charging before I turn it on. I never received a FedEx tracking number but at least it got here. 11 months wait cant believe it is here.

I did have to sign for it. The family can now leave the house. I held them hostage until the FedEx guy got here.
    Last edited by stubro; 10-20-2007 at 10:51 AM.

Got mine! Finally the wait has come to an end!!

I always put a note on the door that says "KNOCK LOUDLY - I AM HOME!" I will be doing that on Monday, as well, when mine is scheduled to show up.