+ Reply to Thread

How many of you on the 'fast track to success' did this?

Hey all. Not sure where the marketing gurus for VZW came up with the tag line about the 'fast track to success' but I couldn't resist throwing it out there.

My main question is, how many of you have already removed the rubber cover from the charging port?

So far, I'm about 2 seconds away from pulling it off but I wanted to see what others were doing. Pros vs. Cons (i.e. hassle vs.pocket lint, dirt, etc).

Cheers!

Jay
    If it ain't broke. . . break it!!

Quote Originally Posted by GadgetNut View Post
    Hey all. Not sure where the marketing gurus for VZW came up with the tag line about the 'fast track to success' but I couldn't resist throwing it out there.

My main question is, how many of you have already removed the rubber cover from the charging port?

So far, I'm about 2 seconds away from pulling it off but I wanted to see what others were doing. Pros vs. Cons (i.e. hassle vs.pocket lint, dirt, etc).

Cheers!

Jay
    From one Jay to another, I've left my rubber cover on the charging port. With the design of the desktop cradle/charger, I am able to swing the rubber piece away from the charging port and still fit the phone in the cradle/charger. When I'm done charging, I remove the phone from the cradle/charger and swing the rubber cover back over the port.

It makes me feel better knowing the port is covered up (to protect from lint, dirt, moisture, etc.). However, I doubt it really matters that much, and I suspect that over the course of time, I'll eventually lose the rubber piece, which is what happened to the rubber piece that covered the port on my i730.
    -Jay
    The Fine Print:Nothing in this post (or any of my other posts) is intended to constitute legal advice or the establishment of an attorney-client relationship. For purposes of this forum, I'm just another nerd like you. :-)

I know i am but what are you?
    Jay #1, i'm right there with ya. I have left it on, but am on the Verge.

Direct from the VZW website:

"This is the Smartphone for people who are on the fast track to success. The new Samsung SCH–i760 with Windows Mobile® 6 Professional makes any space a workspace. Create documents in Word and Excel®, view PowerPoint® files, filter your inbox, and stay connected – securely – with your office via Wireless Sync or ActiveSync®. Communicate with a QWERTY keyboard or the stylus, or make calls using the separate numeric keypad or voice commands. Connect with Wi–Fi or Bluetooth® Wireless Technology – or use it as a tethered modem through BroadbandAccess Connect. You can also just escape for a while with the built–in digital music player."

wow - they even call it a smartphone - sheesh.

I just think that is the cheesiest marketing line ever but oh well . . . got a chuckle outta me.

yeah, I think I will try to give the cover a chance but my guess is that this 'fast tracker' will be yankin that thing within a few days. Don't like the idea of extra dirt, etc. getting in there but if I don't pull it myself it'll probably just fall off anyway.

Ciao!

Jay

Quote Originally Posted by dangerous View Post
    Jay #1, i'm right there with ya. I have left it on, but am on the Verge.

"This is the Smartphone for people who are on the fast track to success. The new Samsung SCH–i760 with Windows Mobile® 6 Professional makes any space a workspace. Create documents in Word and Excel®, view PowerPoint® files, filter your inbox, and stay connected – securely – with your office via Wireless Sync or ActiveSync®. Communicate with a QWERTY keyboard or the stylus, or make calls using the separate numeric keypad or voice commands. Connect with Wi–Fi or Bluetooth® Wireless Technology – or use it as a tethered modem through BroadbandAccess Connect. You can also just escape for a while with the built–in digital music player."

I just think that is the cheesiest marketing line ever but oh well . . . got a chuckle outta me.

yeah, I think I will try to give the cover a chance but my guess is that this 'fast tracker' will be yankin that thing within a few days. Don't like the idea of extra dirt, etc. getting in there but if I don't pull it myself it'll probably just fall off anyway.

Ciao!

Jay
    Hmmm...this gives me the idea for a contest: Whose port cover can survive the longest? My guess is that I lose mine by Thanksgiving, despite my best efforts to keep it intact. Keep in mind that I cradle my phone at least 5 days a week so it's going to get quite a bit of wear and tear. Any other takers?
    -Jay
    The Fine Print:Nothing in this post (or any of my other posts) is intended to constitute legal advice or the establishment of an attorney-client relationship. For purposes of this forum, I'm just another nerd like you. :-)

I think it'll come off via wear and tear. I've had mine for a few weeks and it looks like the day I got it so far....

-BINNER

Quote Originally Posted by iProb8 View Post
    Hmmm...this gives me the idea for a contest: Whose port cover can survive the longest? My guess is that I lose mine by Thanksgiving, despite my best efforts to keep it intact. Keep in mind that I cradle my phone at least 5 days a week so it's going to get quite a bit of wear and tear. Any other takers?
    Well, I'd say mine definitely won't last until your next birthday but I don't even think it will make it until Halloween. I usually cradle my phone most of the time - in and out multiple times/day as i always like to have a full charge.

I just want it to last long enough to get a good holster/case for this thing so i don't have to worry about pocket lint.

It would be fun to track though!

Jay

Ciao!

Jay
    So now more people are getting a look at the i760, it's referred to here as a Smartphone. Does the 760 offer up full WM 6 Professional? Even though it has no stylus?

I just don't want to take the plunge and end up with another Q, although I've enjoyed the Q, I realized afterwards that I should have probably gone with a 700wx for full WM 5.

Thanks!

it does have WM6 Professional, and it does have a stylus. the people in marketing are just idiots..

Quote Originally Posted by cgilbert View Post
    So now more people are getting a look at the i760, it's referred to here as a Smartphone. Does the 760 offer up full WM 6 Professional? Even though it has no stylus?
    This phone in fact does have a stylus, and there was much rejoicing...

Quote Originally Posted by roro View Post
    it does have WM6 Professional, and it does have a stylus. the people in marketing are just idiots..
    That's why I come here for my info, thanks! Sounds like the 760 for me. Will it cost me more if I wait until I can see it in the store? I'm ready for the NE2, should I just "bite the bullet" and order online?

The Q has been good to me, but as an IT professional I think that what I want most out of the upgrade is HTML email. I just don't want to lose any of the good things the Q brought to me when I moved from the i700, ie: great phone and bluetooth.

Chip

I know i am but what are you?
    That's why I come here for my info, thanks! Sounds like the 760 for me. Will it cost me more if I wait until I can see it in the store? I'm ready for the NE2, should I just "bite the bullet" and order online?

The Q has been good to me, but as an IT professional I think that what I want most out of the upgrade is HTML email. I just don't want to lose any of the good things the Q brought to me when I moved from the i700, ie: great phone and bluetooth.

Chip
    I believe there is a Thread on what people paid for phone. I don't think it should cost you more if you wait until it's in the store, but i can't guarantee that.

I paid more for the phone than alot of people, but i also got mine 3 weeks ago. I talked to my B2B and he is giving me another $100 off which will make it $149, which i'm happy with.

I would, if i were you, order it today for tuesday delivery.

Forever Confused
    That's why I come here for my info, thanks!

Chip
    You should always come there. Verizon flat out lies to us. If you compare the xv6700 and the i760 on their site. They even try to sell the i760 by saying that the 6700 doesn't have a music player and doesn't come with WMP.