+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

YouTube on i760 PIE or Opera

I can't seem to get either PIE or Opera to play videos from YouTube...am I missing something, anyone else get this to work?
    I also get some microsoft error when I open opera, but the browser works fine...i don't know what is going on...
    Any help?
    JB

You are using the YouTube patch for TCMP, correct? It only unfortunately works in PIE.

Redskins fan
    Also look into vtap at vTap.

Tried this but it failed...

Youtube stops at 70% and then can't find the network...

I followed the instructions and downloaded the .cab file,
    at first it said that it didn't have the proper files
    and then I installed the cabs (it told me not to overwrite)
    so the only 3 files i installed in the /windows directory was
    ImageDLL.dll
    gxdma.dll
    VerInfou.dll

* Download Free HTC Streaming Media Player to play RTSP 3GP audio/video streams on Windows Mobile 5/6 Pocket PC/Smartphone*by*Tech[dot]Blog

Anyone have any luck with this?

Bump! I had no luck with this. It seems like EVERY single time I'm hearing about a good tool to get YouTube on mobile, it turns out to be a dead end.

Truthfully, there are no other services as popular and I don't really care about vtap or any others.

I do have this working now with PIE and YouTube,
    I have installed the latest TCPMP cab which i think is version 0.72
    then you need to install the flash video bundle into the TCPMP programs file
    Here are instructions and links to the files...from another forum...

Full Youtube and Google Video access! - WM Experts

THANK YOU!

THANK YOU!

THANK YOU!

I have installed both TCPMP and the FlashVideoBundle as instructed from the WMExperts link. I can watch videos from Google's site but I get an error for ALL videos on YouTube. Something about the file not being trusted or else one of its components cannot be found. I've uninstalled, soft reset, reinstalled, soft reset, a couple times, and the result is always the same.

Has anyone else experienced, this, and if so, did you find a workaround?

I'm sorry this isn't of much help, but I installed the programs listed from the link and was able to get a youtube video to work just fine. Did you make sure to go through the icon in your all programs folder to get to youtube instead of navigating their on your own?

twnboarder, you are right. When i went to Youtube from the Video Links icon in Programs everything worked great - thank you. When I navigated directly to Youtube it recognized me as a mobile device and redirected me to m.youtube.com, but this didn't work on the i760. I wrongly assumed this was enough. The Youtube locations pointed through the Video Sites link work great.

cool, glad I could help. I tried this last night and when reading through the instructions I made sure to note that part, I was curious if it would work by navigating there on your own or not...so good to know!

What is the program link called. I only have TCPMP in program files and it doesn't have the ability (that I can see) to open URLS. When I try to navigate to youtube with PIE it redirects me to m.youtube.com and I cannot open the videos.

Thanks!
    -Jeff

this won't work on myoutube but pie keeps taking me to it...how do i get to regular youtube instead of myoutube?

All,

Search for Flash Video Bundle and go from there...it will explain everything you need to know to watch youtube videos. After installing, you will not go directly to youtube in PIE, but rather to a 'program' that gives you sites that yout can connect to.

Hope this Helps.

Quote Originally Posted by MLaX View Post
    All,

Search for Flash Video Bundle and go from there...it will explain everything you need to know to watch youtube videos. After installing, you will not go directly to youtube in PIE, but rather to a 'program' that gives you sites that yout can connect to.

Hope this Helps.
    sweet.......thanks

Talking surefire youtube :)

Well, I wish I could give the credit to whom it is due, but to be honest, for the life of me I can't remember where I heard this from. Anyway, just point your browser over to YouTube Pocket and follow the load instructions, then after that, you can search youtube from that website. Now, this will not let you play videos directly from m.youtube, or youtube. com, but ytpocket will search youtube and you can download the video or play it from the site.

ENJOY!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by pillagingjack View Post
    Well, I wish I could give the credit to whom it is due, but to be honest, for the life of me I can't remember where I heard this from. Anyway, just point your browser over to YouTube Pocket and follow the load instructions, then after that, you can search youtube from that website. Now, this will not let you play videos directly from m.youtube, or youtube. com, but ytpocket will search youtube and you can download the video or play it from the site.

ENJOY!!!!!
    I used this method and it works great. Only thing is it will start playing right away, then pauses. I am assuming it is buffering. What setting should I change to get rid of the pause?

Thanks,
    jv

did you set the buffer to 5% instead of 70%?

Quote Originally Posted by pillagingjack View Post
    did you set the buffer to 5% instead of 70%?
    where do you set buffer?

This must be my issue. I've installed the Skunkworks FlashVideo Bundle and reinstalled it several times and nothing shows up...