+ Reply to Thread

iContact problem

I'm looking for an easy-to-use contact program that allows me not to have to use the stylus to pull a name up to call. iContact looks just like the ticket but I can't seem to get it to realize there's letters after D in the alphabet. It gets stuck at D and won't go any further. If I tap the ABC icon in the lower right, it only shows A-D in the grid too.

Anybody else have this problem?

Enterprise Data Architect Mark_A_K's Avatar
    I use iContact and dont have that problem.

Have you used the contact application that comes with the device?
    Open the app, do one click on up navigation, start typing in the person name using the front key pad.....bang there's your contact.

I have yet to find a need for any contact program other then the "default." I can be making a call, sending a text or email in mere seconds.

The external keypad us super sweet.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark_A_K View Post
    I use iContact and dont have that problem.

Have you used the contact application that comes with the device?
    Open the app, do one click on up navigation, start typing in the person name using the front key pad.....bang there's your contact.
    I've played around with it a bit and it's what I'm using now. But, I'm always interested in options.

New Mexico (yes that's in the USA & the water is drinkable)
    THis is a known issue with iContact (I had it and it stopped at C)

take a close look at the last person listed in the contacts (the person in the D's ... their name is to long or has some other strange thing about it that is causing iContact to hiccough at that point ... clean that contact up and you will get further in the alphabet (I only had one contact that crashed mine).

And ya'll that are telling him to use the internal contacts ... you are missing out on iContacts ... its sweet and very usable for accessing a contact on the fly ....

I just wish I could figure out the hack to change the Icon representing the exe
    Favorite DNRC's inDUHvidual's quotes

"I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous"
    "Never pet a burning dog"

That did it! Thanks, MikeDaGeek!