+ Reply to Thread

New VZW Data policy?

I just noticed in the last few days that now you can only buyt he i760 with the 45/month data plan? I was hoping to use it for a month to get the 100 off ADC then switch back to the 25 plan, is that possible?

Damn you Verizon, you manage to find out every remotely good thing you have to offer and crush it. Why not just stop carrying the i760? That would make customers really happy.

Craig

I got the $100 ADD and canceled the data plan that evening and kept the $100 ADD

Quote Originally Posted by cnap923 View Post
    I just noticed in the last few days that now you can only buyt he i760 with the 45/month data plan? I was hoping to use it for a month to get the 100 off ADC then switch back to the 25 plan, is that possible?

Damn you Verizon, you manage to find out every remotely good thing you have to offer and crush it. Why not just stop carrying the i760? That would make customers really happy.

Craig
    So you're mad b/c you won't be able to game the system like you'd planned?

Quote Originally Posted by The Matt View Post
    So you're mad b/c you won't be able to game the system like you'd planned?
    They have already changed my text plan even though the CS rep promised me nothing would change. Getting to use that trick is not important, but it is not fair when the website forces you to pick 45/month data plan and gives you NO option for pay as you go per MB or 20 MB 25/month plan. I know via CS rep I should be able to get these, but via website, I feel that abuses unknowning customers into thinking they have to get the 45/month plan.

Craig

I purchased my i760 on the 6th of November at the local retailer and the verizon rep there told me that I could cancel the unlimited data plan in a month and still keep the 100 ADD. I didn't even ask about it, he just told me straight up.

Theres no requirement to how long you keep the data plan for the 100 off, it can be canceled or changed at any time