+ Reply to Thread

Backlight issues and activesync

I think I have 2 separate issues. Just got my phone 3 days ago and have been trying to setup push/pull email with active sync and my exchange server. After I've managed to fix my exchange server to get active sync working, I discovered that my phone's backlight never really goes out anymore. It goes from backlight on, to dimmed backlight and then it just stays there. I can hit the button at the top of the phone to turn the screen off, but as soon as I press the button on the side to turn it back on, or if I get an incoming call, the screen stays on again forever until I press the button on the top again. I have the backlight setting to turn off after 10 seconds and the power save function after 1 minute, but the screen still stays on forever.

I finally discovered that if I turn on active sync to sync "As items arrive", the backlight stays on forever. If I set it to sync every 15 minutes, the backlight will go off after about a minute. Does anybody else have this problem?

My second problem is also with backlight. In landscape mode with the keyboard opened, if I have any application opened like IE. If I don't touch the screen for 10 seconds and let the backlight go into dimmed mode, the backlight starts to flicker. It'll flicker randomly for about 10 seconds.

Has anybody seen these problems and are my 2 issues related? Do you think I have a bad phone?

I see the screen flicker from kinda bright to dim when on the internet as well. I'm assuming it has something to do with a surge and diminishment of signal stregth. It doesn't always happen when I'm on the internet. I see it most often coorelating to signal strength being low or changing. Either way, you're not the only one. I'm not really worried that it is a malfunction.