+ Reply to Thread

Problems with Sprite Backup

In transferring my backup to my new device that was replaced due to the tinning issue (still sounds bad on the new phone too), Sprite backup is not recovering my data. After the recover, the unlock screen is displayed, yet my password doesn't work (neither does the last four of my phone number). If I untick "restore security settings" in the general recovery options, the unlock screen never shows up. But, Pocket Informant tasks page displays and my the phone no longer responds to the stylus. Any ideas on how to fix this. Sprite Backup support has never seen this so they're trying to figure it out. I've heard great reviews of this software, but maybe those didn't include people testing the recovery option.

i've done several recoveries, just from playing around with the software to become familiar with it. i haven't really had any issues. not sure how recovering from one device to another works though - the fact it's a different phone might be causing problems.

In my unsuccessful quest to find a non-tinny i760, I tried spb backup this time. Got replacement phone and tried to restore spb backup. Had same issue as when I used Sprite Backup: would not recognize unlock code nor the last four of my phone number. Any ideas?

What version of Sprite is being used? You pretty much have to be using the newest version to avoid problems w/ wm6. Just a thought.
    Thanks
    - Andrew - PDAPhoneHome.com

Latest version of Sprite and latest version of spb backup.