+ Reply to Thread
    D_K

How do I stop the push notification?

Alright, I have finally figured out most of my issues with configuring this phone but I have one left.... can someone tell me how the heck to get this thing to stop notifying me every time that data gets pushed to it? I'm sure this is a reg hack similar to turning off the successful sent text thing but I can't find anything.

Anyone know the magic key?
    Last edited by D_K; 11-05-2007 at 09:48 PM.

stopping notification

Hi there. You can try this. Go to Settings/sounds and notifications and events. Chose the event- say... active sync begin sync, or incoming email, etc. Then set the sounds, uncheck boxes, and or display messages on screen/ lights, etc.

This should customize it for you.
    Nadine

Before posting an additional thread - try the search, you will find that many people have already answered your question.

Here is a link to the registry hack:
    Disable email notification balloon

D_K
    I actually did find your thread when searching but all that I found in there was how to turn off the 'display on screen' notification for emails. I actually like having that. I just don't need the wireless sync giving me a notification every time that it pushes data. I have tried various combinations in the Sounds and Notifications settings but I can't get that one notification to go away. If someone can point me to the thread where that information is I would be most grateful because so far I haven't found it.

Try going into wireless sync and selecting 'Settings' then click on the notifications button. In there you will notice there is a check next to 'Notify when data is received' if you uncheck that you will stop getting the notifications when data has been pushed to your device.
    Hope this helps.