+ Reply to Thread

Unable to hang up via Bluetooth

I've had an "interesting" issue crop up in the past 3-4 days ... I initiate a call by pressing the button on my BT headset and saying "dial 123-4567" or "call dad home", am asked by VC if that's what I really said, I say "yes" and it dials. If for some reason I want to hang up (got answering machine, but want to try calling another number instead of leaving a message), when I press the button on my head set, it )the headset) beeps like it always does, but the phone doesn't acknowledge it and hang up.

Plantronics Voyager 510. Worked fine for the first couple of weeks of ownership. Stopped sometime Friday or Saturday I believe. I saw someone post a similar issue over on the XDA forums in the S2U2 thread, so thought maybe that was it and uninstalled it, rebooted (soft reset) and ... problem is still there, so I don't think S2U2 was the cause.

Has anyone else had this sort of issue? I've got Resco File Explorer & Reg Edit installed, SBSH's Pocket Weather installed (like the Metar panels and stuff like that) and Spb's Pocket Plus & Phone Suite (profiles are shut off and since I had installed that right after getting the phone and the problem started this past weekend, I'm confident that's not the issue). Any ideas as to what sort of other things might be suspects?

And of course, I was trying out S2U2.

Thanks,
    pat----

ebb
    I have the same issue with my car's built in bluetooth. I have pocket plus and phone alarm installed, among several others that are not constantly running. A hard reset in my near future to try and repair this, but the real problem is the lousy BT stack on this device.

I've had the exact same problem with my Jabra BT500. I'd love to hear a good solution!

I'm making notes of my installed software, configurations and registration keys and plan to try a hard-reset tonight or tomorrow night to see if that gets things back to where they should be.

I never realized how much I counted upon being to hang up simply by hitting the button on the headset. :o

pat----

Have you simply tried to repair the headset and see if that fixes it? If a software program like S2U2 disrupts something during an install, uninstalling it doesn't always fix it, as sometimes those settings are changed back correctly. It might take a hard reset to fix.

As I have said in the past, when you run in to a problem like this, after the hard reset, use your device for a day or two with nothing on it (except a sync), then after using it that way, install one program and use it for a day. Then install the next, and use it for a day. Try everything you can think of, and hopefully you can narrow down which program is causing the issues.

I would first start with a deletion of the paired device and repairing it. If that doesn't work, try a hard reset and work from there.

Michael,

No, thank you, I hadn't thought of trying to drop and re-pair the headset. What with my mom being in the hospital for going on 4 months and a major release weekend at work this weekend ... my cognitive abilities have been ... errr .... weak lately.

I'll do give this a try in the morning before I try the hard reset.

Thanks,
    pat----

Breaking & recreating the pairing didn't resolve my inability to hang up from the headset. Guess I'll hard reset tomorrow after I get home from visiting mom at the hospital.

thanks!
    pat----

ebb
    No go after hard reset....

After deleting and re-pairing, there was no difference in the inability to hang up using the 760 with my Audi's built in bluetooth. Being one of those that tried jetware without success, I did perform a hard reset. Although I am getting better pairing to the car (can retrieve calls made, missed calls, received calls) that I was not able to before, I still cannot hang up using the either the 760's end button manually, or the end call button on the car bluetooth, just as before. Also as before, no transfer of the phone book, and no discovery when trying to beam a contact to the car. So... better, but no fix on the main issues. Also still have the no automatic pairing issue when adding a second device, as the top sticky in the forum discusses.

Again, I had complete functionality with the same car using the 730 and jetware. On the 730, I had phonealarm and alot of other software running without interference. These disappointing results after the hard reset were with no other software installed.

Just hope either Samsung or someone here will create a fix. I plan on talking to the Verizon B2B people this week about extending my 30 day return until the 6800 comes out. I really like this device, but this is a major inconvenience, particularly with this car, because the way its bluetooth works, if you disable and re-enable bluetooth on the device to disconnect the call, it won't re-pair until the car is turned off and back on. This means that with the end call not working, after accepting or making a call, all of the car audio is muted until this happens. You can blame it on Audi's bluetooth setup, but since it worked fine on the 730, gotta lay the blame here on Samsung and Verizon. Awful situation.

Quote Originally Posted by ebb View Post
    No go after hard reset....

After deleting and re-pairing, there was no difference in the inability to hang up using the 760 with my Audi's built in bluetooth. ...

Again, I had complete functionality with the same car using the 730 and jetware. ...
    ebb,

I think my problem is slightly different than yours ... the 510 DID hang up the i760 for the first week or two and then stopped. Your posting makes it sound like you've never been able to hang up the i760 via bluetooth.

I haven't had time to try and hard-reset yet tho. Hopefully tomorrow while I'm working from home. <fingers crossed>

pat----

ebb
    True, never had the end call working. Hope yours works after hard reset, but its still a no go here. Until a fix or a decent 6800 comes along, I'm just going to keep deleting and re-pairing with the hope that eventually it will click.

Hmmm, one more idle thought-- is it at all possible that this is being caused by Voice Command (which I did not use in the 730)??? I am going to remove it from the startup folder tomorrow and see if that makes a difference.

Last edited by ebb; 11-11-2007 at 10:05 PM.

Yep, after a hard reset, I can once again hang up the i760 by quickly tapping the call button on the Voyager 510. I'm sorry it's not working with your car's BT.

pat----

ebb
    Unfortunately, turning off Voice Command did not do anything to help this issue. Also tried a registry key hack found on XDA without success.

Might have to try a BB Pearl. No word on the 6800 release.

I know i am but what are you?
    i have the NX6000, I used to be able to initiate calls from the headset, answer with the Headset, etc. Now in the last few days, NOPE. I didn't install anything, and am beginning to think that VZW pushed an UPDATE that messed things up.

ebb
    Workaround update:
    1. Mapped the Action button (center of D-pad) with AEButtonplus to bluetooth toggle with double press. For some reason, this allows the car to reconnect, even though it doesn't work with wireless manager. So, this is how I hang up on calls.

2. Brought the good ol' 730 down to the car, re-paired it, synced the phone book, and then transferred the phone book to the car's hard disk directory. So, even though new entries will have to added manually, at least I have 99% of my numbers stored in the car, and it works to initiate a call on the 760. Yee-hah!!!

This is obviously car specific for Audi, but if your car, or handsfree car kit has local storage, it may work for you if you are having troubles with the phonebook sync and the 760. I had this brain fart to use the 730 right after I went over to Verizon to look at the BB Pearl, and wasn't feeling it.

Dangerous: You may need to get a replacement phone!!!
    Last edited by ebb; 11-13-2007 at 05:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ebb View Post
    Workaround update:
    1. Mapped the Action button (center of D-pad) with AEButtonplus to bluetooth toggle with double press. For some reason, this allows the car to reconnect, even though it doesn't work with wireless manager. So, this is how I hang up on calls.

2. Brought the good ol' 730 down to the car, re-paired it, synced the phone book, and then transferred the phone book to the car's hard disk directory. So, even though new entries will have to added manually, at least I have 99% of my numbers stored in the car, and it works to initiate a call on the 760. Yee-hah!!!

This is obviously car specific for Audi, but if your car, or handsfree car kit has local storage, it may work for you if you are having troubles with the phonebook sync and the 760. I had this brain fart to use the 730 right after I went over to Verizon to look at the BB Pearl, and wasn't feeling it.

Dangerous: You may need to get a replacement phone!!!
    Ebb, I also have Audi and having an EXACTLY same issue you have described. I just got my i760 today after being totaly happy to see that i760 actualy holds the BT connection to the car after it goes into power safe (this was a big problem with my xv6700), i was totaly bummed out to see that i can not disconnect after the call was made. I suppose its an Audi thing.... I will try your solution tommorow. Thanks for posting it!
    Now, i'm curious, since this thread is kinda old is there possibly other solutions that were found for this issue?

I'm now delighted to inform that the issue with Audi ULF and i760 BT is now fixed with a 6.1 upgrade!!!!

I'm very happy, this issue was the only block spot so far on my i760 and having to toggle BT on/off each time after call was getting to be an issue.

Thank you Microsoft/Samsung!