+ Reply to Thread

any video sites i760 can play??

well i went to tinytube.net and m.youtube.com and my fone does not play any of the videos... an error comes up... anyone know of any sites for videos/music that the i760 CAN play...???

Pretty Good Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Stang 97 View Post
    well i went to tinytube.net and m.youtube.com and my fone does not play any of the videos... an error comes up... anyone know of any sites for videos/music that the i760 CAN play...???
    All you need is some additional software, then you can hang with the normal YouTube crowd. Several different programs, but maybe the majority of us use a free form of TCPMP. Do a search here or Google it, works great.

cool, thanks for the advice, will do a search

do i get the pocket pc or the smartphone???

Do you have a Pocket PC or a Smartphone????

If you happen to have the I760 which I hope you do because your in the I760 forum, thats what we call a Pocket PC

yeah i downlaoded the pcket pc but it is still not working.. it says rtsp protocol not supported...

go to avotmedia.com, it's a free app for your phone that allows you to search for videos (pulls from youtube and others). you can download the cab file to your pc or directly to your phone. give it a shot.

Pretty Good Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Stang 97 View Post
    yeah i downlaoded the pcket pc but it is still not working.. it says rtsp protocol not supported...
    How did you install TCPMP? Are you familiar with the CAB file install process on a PocketPC? Did you do a soft reset after the install?

Depending on the the video you may also need to install codecs after you install TCPMP. I had to for playing flash videos from the Pocket YouTube site.
    on the bleeding edge

i transferred the cab into my storage card and installed it from there.... havent tried a soft reset...but will try now...

search the i730 forum for full youtube access. I posted a link there for an add-on to tcpmp to access youtube, google video and more. Works great on the i760.

- kc
    "A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer." - Bruce Lee

Check out a program called "Vtap," it's pretty slick pulls videos from youtube, myspace, and other places and transcodes them to play on the device. You can search my genre etc.

Tom

I use vtap as well....I love it...works great...it also installs a wikipedia tab in the interface...thumbs up!

Links
    from your pc browser

from your phone browser
    Last edited by rynoondew; 11-06-2007 at 02:58 PM.
    I want the storm and I want it now!

vtap is very nice!! thanks!!!!! any other sites??

Pretty Good Member
    I just downloaded Vtap to play with and compare with TCPMP. I like the search function but is it supposed to find so many videos that it can't actually play, eg, from AOL? Or was I supposed to also download some codecs from somewhere. BTW, AOL seems to have a lot of good videos, I was surprised, eg, all the old episodes of Mr. Peabody and Sherman. LOL!