+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Search the web from today?

Is there anything out there that does this for this phone? I would love to have it.

WDW
    Windows Live for Mobile should be able to this for you. It adds a Search bar to the Today screen. Windows Live™ for mobile

I'd love to find something--preferably a Today Plugin but I'd settle for a lightweight app or mobile web page--like Dave's Quick Search Deskbar for the PC.

Anybody know of anything that will let you search lots of sites, preferably with shortcuts? (eg if you enter "imdb Harrison Ford" it will search the Internet Movie Database)

Quote Originally Posted by WDW View Post
    Windows Live for Mobile should be able to this for you. It adds a Search bar to the Today screen. Windows Live™ for mobile
    That link just sends my phone to a website, no download listed once I get there.

Quote Originally Posted by abuttino View Post
    That link just sends my phone to a website, no download listed once I get there.
    I'm trying to install it now and I'm getting the same problem too. Redirects me and says the service isn't available.

I don't know what the deal was with live, but it was not putting anything on my today screen.. I found an old version of this plug-in on my hard drive but it didn't work but went searching for the new one, and found this.

Confessions of a WM hobbyist developer - Search Google from your Today Screen

Is there anything out there that does this for this phone? I would love to have it.
    The program 'Search Today' does what you want. It puts a Google Search window on the Home Screen. I got the program from the i730 forum. You can see my screenshot in the screenshot thread of this forum.

Mike

That's what I linked to

Wow , that's an awesome find! This is one of the features that I miss from the Treo 700WX. I hope it works well. thanks x2

I use the gx-5.net ultimate search today plugin.

Ya? whats the URL?

Gx5: - "Great Experiences in 5 Dimensions"

...but I can't seem to get any text to input into the search box, and there is no uninstaller registered in Remove Programs, so they're either new to Windows Mobile or they don't test with Today alternatives. They seem to mostly be a Treo site.
    Last edited by Sleeve; 11-06-2007 at 02:45 PM.
    -s

WDW
    I'm not sure what the deal is. From Your PC you can go here Windows Live for mobile or here Live Search Mobile From your mobile device you should be able to download the program from wls.live.com

wls.live.com is fine. that gives an awesome search engine, but does not have a today plug-in.

wls.live.com is fine. that gives an awesome search engine, but does not have a today plug-in.
    That's the whole point; it's a Today Screen plug-in.

WDW
    Ah, my bad. I've got a beta. I thought it was available to the general public.

Quote Originally Posted by WDW View Post
    Ah, my bad. I've got a beta. I thought it was available to the general public.
    I have wls.live.com as well. I think it is available to the public.

Quote Originally Posted by mrpacs View Post
    That's the whole point; it's a Today Screen plug-in.
    I see no option in the program to get it on the today screen.. I don't know if we're talking about the same program. The wls.live.com downloaded tool only appears in the programs within the start menu.

Quote Originally Posted by Sleeve View Post
    Gx5: - "Great Experiences in 5 Dimensions"

...but I can't seem to get any text to input into the search box, and there is no uninstaller registered in Remove Programs, so they're either new to Windows Mobile or they don't test with Today alternatives. They seem to mostly be a Treo site.
    sounds like a bad install. Works perfectly on mine.

Try re-installing it with a fresh cab file this may fix the problem.

I am having the same problem, the program was down loaded from my phone and after I installed it, it only shows up in my Start Menus, not the Today Menus.