+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Any Car Cradles For the i760?

Does anyone know if there are any car cradles for the i760 that obviously hold it, but also charge, pull audio via the propreitary Samsung connector or has a little 2.5mm plug on the right side and also swivels sideways to give you keyboard access like the Seidio cradle I had for the my xv6700 found here G4200M CAR KIT FOR 6700 - CK42MP6700C08

If there isn't a cradle that doesn't do wired stereo that's not a big deal, as I can stream in A2DP to my Pioneer headunit now, but would prefer a wired solution, less bluetooth complications.

Any findings from members would be greatly appreciated.

Tom

Not sure but just to throw it out there the A2DP works great with my JVC headunit....

No problems at all

I had asked about 2 types of car cradles from pocketsolutions but never received an answer on if anyone has used these.

Samsung i760 AutoMount : (5 Star Rating) Google Checkout available.

The only thing is, you cannot use the keyboard with this. I was more looking for something just to hold the phone and or maybe watch a movie on a long car ride (I have an adapter hooked up to my mp3 cd deck that I can just plug into the phone for sound)

I bought one similar to that on eBay for like $12 shipped or something. I havent got it yet but will let you know when I do...

Quote Originally Posted by twnboarder View Post
    I had asked about 2 types of car cradles from pocketsolutions but never received an answer on if anyone has used these.

Samsung i760 AutoMount : (5 Star Rating) Google Checkout available.

The only thing is, you cannot use the keyboard with this. I was more looking for something just to hold the phone and or maybe watch a movie on a long car ride (I have an adapter hooked up to my mp3 cd deck that I can just plug into the phone for sound)
    It's an OK car cradle. I bought it and I am using it but I'm waiting for ProClip to release their i760 mount, hopefully before the end of year according to an email I got from them. The ProClip mount I had for my Treoo 700WX fit like a glove.

ProClip Mounting System *-*Choose Your Country

I've always felt a little odd about clipping electronics right on top of my vents. What happens when its 20 below and you have the heat cranked to stay warm...what happens to the phone? This has been my reasoning for not getting something like this for years.

mrpacs, was there anything in particular that you did or didn't like about the one from PS? And you got the one with the goose neck that connects only to your windshield right?

Good news to hear. Maybe I will buy one to use as a stop gap. I emailed ProClip a while back and never heard back from them. Maybe it went in my spam folder - they are usually good about updating you. I have owned several of their products. They really work well. They made a combo cradle and charger for the i730 that was fantastic!

Quote Originally Posted by twnboarder View Post
    I've always felt a little odd about clipping electronics right on top of my vents. What happens when its 20 below and you have the heat cranked to stay warm...what happens to the phone? This has been my reasoning for not getting something like this for years.

mrpacs, was there anything in particular that you did or didn't like about the one from PS? And you got the one with the goose neck that connects only to your windshield right?
    See that's the thing with the pocket Solutions mount; I want to mount it to my installed ProClip mount, which is what I have done. I refuse to use vent mounting or gooseneck mount so I cannot comment of those.

mrpacs, so you just ripped off the suction thing and glued to your proclip mount? I did something similar years ago with my i700 and a case that had a nice clip.

Maybe I could convince someone to send me their broken clip (depending on where it breaks) if I send the a pre-paid mailer to mail it back to me?

It would be nice to clip the device in rather than "squeezing it", but I will probably do the same thing you have done to hold me over till December.

this is what i use....it not only holds the i760 but various other things, mp3 players and such.... they have a cupholder version and a suction cup mount...here is the link for the cupholder version... if you go to bestbuy.com and type in bracketron in the search bar...you get all kinds of options

cup holder version
    I want the storm and I want it now!

I bought one that Verizon offered that sits on your vent....not sure if i like it especially going into winter because the heat is blowing directly on my phone....this is also where the send and end buttons suck. I know they also offer one that will sit on your windshield

Quote Originally Posted by mrpacs View Post
    See that's the thing with the pocket Solutions mount; I want to mount it to my installed ProClip mount, which is what I have done. I refuse to use vent mounting or gooseneck mount so I cannot comment of those.
    I might be missing something, but isn't the ProClip mount mounted to your vent?!? And isn't the pocket solutions mount a gooseneck? So technically you've had the ps mount and the proclip mount, but you refuse to use vent mounting or gooseneck mounting? I'm lost.

I know pocket solutions also has another mounting option that doesn't suction to your windshield, it has a sticky end and no gooseneck that can attach basically anywhere...is that the one you're saying you have?

Send an email to ProClip and ask them when the mount will be available that also has power in the base so when you put the phone in the cradle, it will power it as well. I have had one for all the different Treo's I have owned. This mount is better suited to be hard mounted, not a suction cup.

I have used the ProClip mount with my i730 for some time and really like it. Now have the i760. Emailed ProClip as others have asking when it'll be available. When I got the ProClip, I had read about using the 3M double-sided foam tape (it is removable) and used that to stick the ProClip mount to my dash. Works really well. But now I need the i760 adapter portion (WITH power!). I guess I could adapt a plastic belt clip type and a car adapter temporarily until the 'real' ProClip comes out.
    John

Not to offend, but the solutions I have seen so far, seem pretty crappy.

I have a proclip (standard amps style) mount already in place in my car, I just need a holder that charges and would be nice if it also pulled stereo audio from the propreitary Samsung connector or at a minimum maybe have a 2.5mm stereo headset jack to quick and easily plug in that isn't too long.

Tom

my unpowered proclips mount for my 730 happens to be a PERFECT fit for my 760. I can post pictures later if anyon wants to see.

Quote Originally Posted by fluffhead View Post
    my unpowered proclips mount for my 730 happens to be a PERFECT fit for my 760. I can post pictures later if anyon wants to see.
    I couldnt believe it myself when i jokingly tried putting my i760 in my i730 proclip..
    Last edited by botond; 11-07-2007 at 02:59 AM.

Goose or no goose?

I own an old car that I'm not sure is going to be around much longer. Fact is my phone is worth more than my car. Besides, I do a lot of switching cars with my wife.

I've been reading about some of your experiences with the windshield mounts (suction cup) holders and I was wondering what the pros and cons were specificallly for this. I don't think I want to place it on the vent as my vents are very low. Also there is very little open area any place else on the dash.

I'm looking for someone who has might have used a gooseneck holder for input into why I should or shouldn't try it.

Finally... anybody interested in buying an 87 Honda Accord?

Curtis
    CurtisZZZ

Quote Originally Posted by rochurch View Post
    mrpacs, so you just ripped off the suction thing and glued to your proclip mount? I did something similar years ago with my i700 and a case that had a nice clip.

Maybe I could convince someone to send me their broken clip (depending on where it breaks) if I send the a pre-paid mailer to mail it back to me?

It would be nice to clip the device in rather than "squeezing it", but I will probably do the same thing you have done to hold me over till December.
    No, I unscrewed the suction cup adapter piece. that leaves a single screw hole in the mount. I then screwed in 1 screw through the mount onto my existing ProClip Mount that is in stalled in the dash/radio area. I'll try to post some pic's when i can.

Quote Originally Posted by botond View Post
    I couldnt believe it myself when i jokingly tried putting my i760 in my i730 proclip..
    Really? is this really true? Can you post pic's please?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast