+ Reply to Thread

Question Multiple Email Accounts - Sending

I have searched through the forum and only found one thread that was close to my question:

Email sent from phone display my cell number

I have set up two email accounts to be pushed through wirelessSync, one is my work email, the other is my personal business (outside of work) email. When I reply to any emails pushed to my i760, all the messages are "sent" from my personal business email. I read the WirelessSync manual and searched through the WirelessSync settings, but I am wondering if anyone knows how to go about setting it up so I can choose what email I am sending through when I reply to emails pushed to me. I don't want my two emails accounts to be crossed (work people getting my personal business email address) and would like the ability to choose what "sent from" address is being used. Any way to do this? Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by kveld3; 11-07-2007 at 05:43 PM.

bump.......

i have been having the same problem. i talked to verison and they say i am sol. currently i am using imap settngs for 5 email accounts entered in my phone and syncing manually. verizons push email hasnt got any btter in the last 2 years... gmail can send pop email as whatever emal addr you want and receive mutiple email accounts... you would think our phones could pull off the same task.

i am looking into exchange server stuff to see if i can find a product or service to solve this issue.

Why are you using Wireless Sync? I have 5 email accounts set up, and it's great (though with the interval at 15 minutes, my battery life sucks - I assume it's because of all that data traffic).

I have an Exchange Server as my primary sync account, and then 4 additional accounts are all IMAP accounts - all controlled from the phone's natve 'Messaging' application, and not from Wireless Sync. When you choose to send an email (for example, from contacts), it presents your Messaging account list, with a small prompt at the top of the screen to 'Select an Account'.

Works perfectly for me! I purposely chose not to configure using Wireless Sync, but rather used the ActiveSync features with Exchange and Outlook. I sync Contacts, Calendar, E-mail, and Tasks with Exchange wirelessly, and everything else (Notes, Favorites, Files, and OneNote) via USB cable to my Windows Vista PC. Server is Exchange 2003. I look forward to the enhanced features when I upgrade to Exchange 2007 (like flagging messages for follow-up, and access to SharePoint content), but even with Exchange 2003, the wireless sync does exactly what I need -- and I have the ability to send/receive from multiple email accounts.

Hope this helps. My apologies if I missed your original intent. My first post here (just joined).

The biggest reason I have Wireless Sync is because most of the time the emails I get are time sensitive and need to get to me quicker than 15 minutes. I set up one of the emails that i have being pushed to me on the phone as well which will work if I need to send an email from that account, just kind of a hassle to use that work around.

I am having the exact problem. I too have work set up to wireless sync and then have a gmail account. When I reply to any of the mail sent to my phone my return address is work. I want to keep the gmail and work separate.

Is there any way to set up wireless sync so that with one account it only syncs the calendar and with the other it syncs email? I don't really care if I get work email pushed, but need the gmail pushed. I keep my calendar through work, though so I need that pushed.

Any advice would really be appreciate.

i760, my first pda phone!
    First of all I don't want to install Verizon's software on my i760. I have one account that I like to check. My school email address. Currently this mail is set up at home with Outlook 2007. This works fine with syncing and everything. In the messaging section of the phone there is TXT, Outlook Email, MMS (which I don't use), and now my school (POP/IMAP). Why can't I set the school one to the Outlook Email so everything syncs up nicely? Whenever I try to setup the email account for Outlook Email in the phone, it goes and creates a new account. I talked to a Verizon rep and they said I have to setup their software and an account so emails are pushed where they are supposed to. This doesn't make sense. Help!

It's a limitation of Wireless Sync, it simply can't do multiple account selection... It's also a limitation of Pocket Outlook, it just doesn't like to handle multiple accounts. If I remember correctly there are some third party programs (maybe WebIS FlexMail 2007) that can handle choosing which account to send through, but by default it's a limit of Wireless Sync and Pocket Outlook.

i760, my first pda phone!

Account management

Quote Originally Posted by mrailing View Post
    It's a limitation of Wireless Sync, it simply can't do multiple account selection... It's also a limitation of Pocket Outlook, it just doesn't like to handle multiple accounts. If I remember correctly there are some third party programs (maybe WebIS FlexMail 2007) that can handle choosing which account to send through, but by default it's a limit of Wireless Sync and Pocket Outlook.

You misunderstood. I'm trying to manage the same account between the outlook on my computer (which pocket outlook syncs with) and pocket outlook.

Example:

At home I use outlook 2007 to check, read, send mail from student@uci.edu.
    When I sync my i760 with my PC, the emails sync. So I can read them from the i760 as they are saved into folders on my PC.

However, if I want to send out emails using my i760 from the Outlook Email Account, it automatically sets up a new account in order to send mail from student@uci.edu. So now anything I mail out has separate "sent items."

Can I not send email from the Outlook account in i760 messaging?

Thanks, MR--that completely answers my question. Now I can stop trying to make it work!