+ Reply to Thread

Gmail: POP vs IMAP vs wireless sync vs Gmail app, etc

I know there is prolly alot of discussion on here about gmail, but can someone easily state the pros and cons of each and which is best.

Wireless sync versus, IMAP or POP in outlook, or gmail app, etc

Hopefully this can be a short discussion forum for each person to refer to.

Thanks

I never liked wireless sync because it required my computer to be on to work.

I'm not a huge fan of the GMail app because I like my e-mail for all of my accounts to end up in one spot.

I find the IMAP access to be a bit of a problem because some HTML mail shows up sans body, while others show up fine. But it's nice that I can change things on my handheld and have them populate to my desktop.

POP is nice, sweet, and functional once you get it working right, but it won't preserve the labels/folder structure.

At the moment, I'm running on IMAP.

Don't forget Exchange - it does it all, for $2/month (if you want your own return address) or less (mail2web).

i have run active sync on my i730 and my Q and up until yesterday, on my i760. i havw wifi at work so having a data plan is overkill. i have gmail and 4 other email accounts attached to web addresses. i need to reveive all email from all accounts and send email from each account. push email i great but for mutiple accounts it just wont cut it. same for having outlook check my accounts through imap. because it sees each account as a seperate folder it wont sync them at all with my 760. so i have to maunaly enter in the imap settings in just the phone and sepratly in outlook. then when i send/receive on my phone and check my mail its marked as read when i get home.

anyone know how to make this any easier? like one button to send receive all accounts at once?

also i am bothered by the fact that to send an mms i have to go and change my connection settings to my isp... send the message then change it back to work to get the wifi email send receive to work!

anyon have a nice mutiple imap email setup working?

Have you checked out FlexMail?

no. what i that?