+ Reply to Thread

WIFI disappears with Bluefire VPN or Antha VPN

Here's the deal:

I've been trying to use the free trial versions of both Bluefire and Antha VPN (Bluefire 2.7.2.558 for Windows Mobile PPC and AnthaVPN 7.5 PRO) in order to attach to a Cisco VPN server. For both applications, after installing, I goto the wireless connections manager and turn on Wi-Fi. It then turns on and shows available but does not pop up with the alert to show me the available wireless networks (just says "available"). Now even more curiously, if I shut off wi-fi, the wi-fi connection option disappears from the menu completely! For the Antha software, it disappears immediately while for the Bluefire software, it will bring wi-fi from the top of the list to the bottom and then disappear when you try to disable wifi. Afterwards, you can't get wifi to appear again without a soft reset!

I have no other software on my i760 during the time of installation of each of these apps. Anyone have any idea what's going on? There was a semi-similar thread (wifi disappearing from menu) here:

SD WM5 - WiFi Problems and Questions

Not really sure what to get out of it... anyone have success using Bluefire or Antha with i760 or Windows Mobile 6?

Nobody?

bumpety? seriously... no one's seen this problem or tried these programs on their i760 yet?... they're suggested on about every thread here about cisco VPN clients...

one more bump... i can't believe no one's tried either of these or feels like posting?