Closed Thread

Thread: MSN Messenger

MSN Messenger

The i730 had MSN messenger pre-installed and it was a program I used heavily. I guess it was part of the ROM for the phone. It doesn't seem to be available on it's own. I don't want to buy a multi-IM program because I only use messenger. Is there any way to pull the old program off the i730 rom and install it on the 760?

there is a web based version the MS had in Beta a few months back. I used it on the Treo. it would refresh the page every few seconds. it wasnt an installed app, but worked just fine.

I think you can go to mobile.msn.com on the phone and it will appear as part of the MS Mobile suite. Mobile Web Messenger is the URL on the PC.

MSN Messenger is now Windows Live

You can download a version here
    Windows Live for Windows Mobile build 10.6.0026.1400 - 9Down.COM
    Last edited by Indie; 11-07-2007 at 12:45 AM.

Yeah, unfortunately the web based app is not refreshing on my phone and doesn't seem very reliable. The windows live app always shows my contacts offline even when they are online, so it won't let me send a message to them. They have to initiate the messaging. I wish I could just use the old program. Never had a problem with that one.

LTRS, see this thread for more information on Windows Live: Add Windows Live services Go to Post #20 for the link to the latest version of Windows Live for Mobile, which might fix the problems you were experiencing.
    -Jay
    The Fine Print:Nothing in this post (or any of my other posts) is intended to constitute legal advice or the establishment of an attorney-client relationship. For purposes of this forum, I'm just another nerd like you. :-)

I am going to close this thread, please use the link found in #5 to get the correct app, as well as discussing it in the future.