+ Reply to Thread

Disappearing e-mails

I have my e-mail for my Verizon FIOS account working on my 760, allowing me to pull the messages when I want them. Once they're on my 760, I can open and read them just fine. Once they're read, I can still see them in my inbox.

My problem seems to be that on the next day, the messages that were there before (arrived on previous day) are gone from my i760. I don't know what happened to them. I have the checkbox set that says "keep messages for x days", and I have it set to 30 days.

Does anyone know why the e-mails are going away and/or where they're going away to? Thanks.

LT

Most likely, you downloaded them from a computer and it's not configured to leave them on the server. That clears them from the server, and then they vanish from your phone.

You could change your desktop config to leave the mail on the server until you actually delete it and see if this fixes your problem.

Thanks for that. Now that I think about what you said, I think that's the situation exactly.

The i760 is set to leave the messages on the server. When I get home and fire up Outlook on my laptop, I think it's configured to remove them from the server once I pull them to my laptop. Then, when I go into e-mail on the 760 again, they've "vanished".

I'll test it when I get home just to make sure, but that sounds like what's going on.

Thanks for your help! It's been bothering me for a couple of days now....

LT