+ Reply to Thread

Gmail sending me copies of my sent email?

I finally have my Gmail up and running (POP) on my i760. There's only one thing that's not working quite right. For some reason, my sent emails are getting sent to my phone as if I'm the one receiving it. For example, I'll send an email on my computer, then it will come to my phone as if I'm the one it was sent to. Is there some setting that I need to change for that? Thanks in advance guys. You've all been very helpful so far.

This is just how it is....

I don't use gmail that much, but have it configured on my SCH-I760, and I don't think it behaves like that for me. I configured using IMAP (newly available on GMAIL), and told the phone to store sent messages in the sent items folder. Also under 'manage folders' made sure to sync the sent items folder. Seems to work the way you want.

What you're likely to see is mail that you send from your desktop computer on your i760 for POP access. GMail stores your messages as well as the others for tracking conversations, so they do show up with POP enabled. With IMAP, they're under the sent items.

This is how it works. I have turned it into an advantage. In my situation I use POP email, so Outlook is my long-term email reference. I keep all emails sent and received indefinitely. When I send through gmail it (nicely) sends me a copy. I have a "rule" in Outlook when it sees an email sent by me, it moves it to my Sent Items folder. Now even when I send from gmail I have a record in my Outlook Sent Items folder - cool!