+ Reply to Thread

Using Wi-fi to download e-mails

well, I just got my phone about 5 days ago and have been playing with it nonstop. Thanks to everyone who posts here as I have solved many issues using this site.

I have now been able to get my Wi-fi connection at work up and running. However, I am only able to connect to internet explorer. I try to "send/receive" e-mails and get a cannot connect error message; yet, when I check internet explorer it is clearly connected to the Wi-fi internet...PLEASE HELP!! I know there is some quirky setting that I am missing.

This is totaly dependent on how you have your email setup. Supply us w/ info about what type of email you setup on the device. I use active sync and do OTA syncs over wifi on rare occasionas rather than pay for data simply beacause i dont need instant email.
    Thanks
    - Andrew - PDAPhoneHome.com

I have both Gmail setup as an IMAP and POP in 2 separate accounts (i am playing around with those 2 today). I also have my institutional (university) e-mail account setup. None of the above 3 are working when I am using solely Wi-fi. I need the Wi-fi because there isn't always cellular reception at my work.

For examply, my university account is a POP account. I have the pop and smtp addresses correct. Under Options I have "Connection: The Internet" selected"

Let me know what other info you need....thanks.