+ Reply to Thread

Missing Language dat file

I woke up this morning and my phone was frozen. I performed a soft reset and it booted up but I had a popup on my screen that said "Missing Language dat file". I tried to click the little X but nothing happened. Tried the OK button, nothing. Phone basically seemed locked. I did another soft reset and it seems fine....except everytime I 'wake up' the phone, I've got the same stupid msg on my screen. At least now I can X out of it...but it's getting old fast. Has anyone seen this....everything else is working fine and the error message gives very useless information.

I hate to do a hard reset. I just did one a few days ago after installing WiseBar Advance. I tried to uninstall it, but it wouldn't go away. And every person I spoke to on the phone said they could hear a little 'beep' every minute or so. I heard nothing. Hard reset fixed that little gremlin....

Ryan

Mini-rant: I'm so sick of error messages that don't really tell you anything. MS is the worst with weird codes that you then have to Google just to find out what the mean. Why can't coders write error codes in plain words so you at least have some idea of where to start looking for a solution.

I found the problem awhile back and then ran into this again after doing a hard reset. In case anyone else is searching, it's a problem with installing Fizz Weather on the SD Card. Install it to internal and the problem is gone.

Just an FYI