+ Reply to Thread

Active Sync 4.5 Problem w/Exchange Server (80072EF1)

I'm getting an error message when trying to sync to my Exchange Server while connected (no problem syncing over Internet). The error message is:

The server could not be reached. This can be caused by temporary network conditions. Support Code: 80072ef1

If I turn off IMON (Internet Monitoring) in my NOD32 Anti-Virus Software then I no longer have this problem. But even if I add every executable file in the Microsoft ActiveSync program folder to the IMON exclusion list, as long as IMON is active I can't sync while connected.

Is it maybe because ActiveSync uses core OS DLLs to do the TCP/IP calls and those aren't safelisted? What happens if you make TCP and UDP 990 safe?
    -s

Well, by default IMON is checking ports 80, 8080, and 3128. There is an option to automatically detect HTTP communication on other ports but de-selecting that doesn't seem to make a difference. So you could certainly be right although it's not a simple configuration within IMON.

It's almost important to note that the sync problem is only with the Exchange Server. Local syncing (like notes) is unaffected and works properly regardless of IMON being activated.

What does IMON do if you use SSL and hit port 443? Is it possible it's blocking that?