+ Reply to Thread

clock doesnt change time when phone is in power save mode?

when my phone goes into, or i put it into power save mode with the top button... it seems like my phone isnt changing the time on the clock on the "today/home" screen..

reason i say this is because when i take it out of power save mode its still the same time as when it went in it, then a second later it updates the time.... i would think it would show the correct time immediatly after being turned back on from being asleep..

anyone know why it does this or how to fix it?

The clock is still active, the display obviously isn't though, hence the delay

my s2u2 time has the same delay. cant really help but im having the same problem

Anything that depends on time still works, like alarms and reminders for appointments. To save power, WM6 doesn't bother constantly redrawing a darkened screen in your pocket. If it did, you'd be posting in the "Wow, does the battery life suck" thread that doesn't exist thanks to design decisions like this.
    -s

sleeve doesnt cease to amaze me. good explanation

This was actually brought up before. The clock on the today screen is an application, and it just looks back to the system time to find out what it is when it turns on. I use my Start Bar Time/date hack and it puts the time/date instead of the battery icon in the start bar. When you wake up the device, this clock is correct, and isn't delayed like the Samsung clock is, since that is just a today plugin, and isn't the real system clock...