+ Reply to Thread

Activesync won't sync Outlook Contacts!

Ok... First off, I'm new to pda or wm in general. I bought the SCH-i760 yesterday at my local verizon retailer and so far have been having fun learning this thing. But I've spent 5 hours with this one issue today and using the search box here hasn't been much help so I'm having to just ask for help.

I want to use my Outlook 2000 to sync my contacts into the i760. I created a couple of contacts in Outlook and then I connected the i760 to the pc and launched autosync and selected it to sync contacts. It acted as if data was transfering but then I got a message which stated:

Windows PC: Attention Required (clicking on that popped up this msg)

"Cannot syncronize with the Outlook profile you are using, because a different profile was previously setup or the profile is password protected. Please open Outlook using the appropriate profile. Support Code 8503001f."

Now before I tried this I installed FUNContact and I did create a few contacts through the device itself. When I went to sync my contacts it deleted those because it prompted me that it would and I said ok.

Has anyone ran across this issue yet? What steps do I take to make the contacts I have on Outlook sync with my i760?

Thanks...

Update: I guess I posted this thread too soon...

I discovered that by deleting the mobile device from activesync and then allowing the i-760 to reinitalize itself with activesync I was able to sync the contacts in Outlook 2000 without any issues... Hopefully this post could serve useful to someone else.

Sounds like you run Outlook with multiple profiles (I do as well). If that's the case, then when you created the first sync partnership, you had profile #1 open, and when you told it to sync the second time you had profile #2 open. AS doesn't like that. If you get the error again, it means you need to shut down Outlook and open it up again with the other profile.

If that's not the case, more info would help sort it out.

Actually, I don't use outlook at all. I was playing with the phone and then decided to pull out my Office 2000 cd's from the cd case and installed Microsoft Office. I'll never use Outlook for anything. I use Thunderbird or elm for email. Being forced to use outlook to sync my contacts sucked ass but at least I got it working now.

I shut everything down and opened it up again, synced and nothing. But as soon as I deleted the phone device in activesync and let activesync create a new connection with my phone it worked.

Robert Tankersley
    Quote Originally Posted by nexusnrg View Post
    Ok... First off, I'm new to pda or wm in general. I bought the SCH-i760 yesterday at my local verizon retailer and so far have been having fun learning this thing. But I've spent 5 hours with this one issue today and using the search box here hasn't been much help so I'm having to just ask for help.

I want to use my Outlook 2000 to sync my contacts into the i760. I created a couple of contacts in Outlook and then I connected the i760 to the pc and launched autosync and selected it to sync contacts. It acted as if data was transfering but then I got a message which stated:

Windows PC: Attention Required (clicking on that popped up this msg)

"Cannot syncronize with the Outlook profile you are using, because a different profile was previously setup or the profile is password protected. Please open Outlook using the appropriate profile. Support Code 8503001f."

Now before I tried this I installed FUNContact and I did create a few contacts through the device itself. When I went to sync my contacts it deleted those because it prompted me that it would and I said ok.

Has anyone ran across this issue yet? What steps do I take to make the contacts I have on Outlook sync with my i760?

Thanks...
    I do not believe activesync will work with Outlook 2000.
    Robert Tankersley CDP

It used to work with 2000, so if it doesn't any more that's a change with 4.x.