+ Reply to Thread

Unhappy PhoneAlarm unable to receive beam files

I took my phone to verizon to get my contacts sent to my new i760 every time they tried to beam it it said failed and we were unable to figure out why. I just beamed the .cab file of PhoneAlarm to my moms i760 and installed it than went to send her a .cab file with a skin for PA and it said failed. I had PA on my phone when I went to get the contacts sent to my phone. Is there a setting to get it to work again or is this just a bug? Thanks in advanced.

I beam contacts all the time and I have PhoneAlarm installed... Have you gone through all the settings in PhoneAlarm to make sure you don't have something set incorrectly. Having a setting in PhoneAlarm set incorrectly can cause issues on the phone, and you really need to double check every setting in PA, and I mean actually clicking on each setting and make sure it is set correctly....

Talking

I think I figured it out i haven't tested it yet. It was at the bottom of the profiles under "Activate IR" the caption when you tap on it says "enable incoming infra-red interface (also bluetooth file transfer!)"

i must be blind i dont see an ir port anywhere on the i760, anyone able to help me out here?

They're beaming with BT, not ir. There is no ir on I760.

PocketMax (Bruce) stated in the Phone Alarm thread that you need to enable IR to activate OBEX with Phone Alarm as MS had somehow combined the features.

His post here.