+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Alternative Messaging Today Plug-in

Does anyone have a good suggestion for an alternate Messaging Plug-in that will break out the notifications on one line instead of having to scroll? I tried PeraCount but it is very slow when you try to click on the notification vs the stock plugin.

On my old Q I was able to edit the home screen XML file to move things around... is that possible with the Today screen? Thanks!

SPB Phone Suite does exactly that. It adds a strip on the today screen that shows anything you might have missed, calls, SMS, MMS, email using very informative icons. Saves a TON of space on your today screen.

Spb Phone Suite - Pocket PC Products - Spb Software House

Although there is a free trial the app costs 20 dollars. If you know how to exploit the Intrawebs, you could "theoretically" find the program free of charge.

There are a few options for this, including Phone Suite (mentioned above) and phoneAlarm. However, none of these will let you monitor individual accounts separately like you could on the Q.

I noticed in a screenshot that it looked like SPB Diary could report on individual email accounts. Can someone that actually has the program confirm this?

Really the two most popular plugins are SPB Phone Suite and PocketMax.net's phoneAlarm. You can find out lots more information about these programs on the board with a quick search, but I do use them both. I use phoneAlarm for my message information and profile management, and I use Phone Suite to handle onscreen image dialing, photos in call history, and response via TXT after ignoring a call.

Quote Originally Posted by hooraysimpsons View Post
    I noticed in a screenshot that it looked like SPB Diary could report on individual email accounts. Can someone that actually has the program confirm this?
    You are correct - both Spb Diary and SBSH PocketBreeze (which I greatly prefer) show all accounts. However, it shows the messages, too. This other class of applications (Spb PP, SBSH PhoneWeaver, and phoneAlarm) show summary information (i.e., X unread emails, Y unread SMS). In this class of apps, I have not found one that will show X unread Exchange, Y unread POP, etc.

I couldn't find anything compelling so I wrote my own skin for rlToday (See attachment). Thanks for the suggestions...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Alternative Messaging Today Plug-in-rltodayscreen.jpg  

I didn't realize that was possible with rlToday - I have to check that out more closely, thanks!

SPB Diary and Phone Alarm address the multiple email account breakdown as well as the missed SMS, MMS, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by mrpacs View Post
    SPB Diary and Phone Alarm address the multiple email account breakdown as well as the missed SMS, MMS, etc.
    Thanks, but, as noted about 4 posts above, Diary doesn't display a summary - it shows the actual headers (yes, it groups them, but I'm looking for an alarm system that will show me which account received the email). phoneAlarm will not display multiple email accounts separately in the same skin - it aggregates them.

Quote Originally Posted by mrailing View Post
    Really the two most popular plugins are SPB Phone Suite and PocketMax.net's phoneAlarm. You can find out lots more information about these programs on the board with a quick search, but I do use them both. I use phoneAlarm for my message information and profile management, and I use Phone Suite to handle onscreen image dialing, photos in call history, and response via TXT after ignoring a call.
    I am assuming that using the programs together don't cause any conflict. I was considering using both. Do you use both on your today screen? Is there anything I should be aware of when using both?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by onlydarksets View Post
    Thanks, but, as noted about 4 posts above, Diary doesn't display a summary - it shows the actual headers (yes, it groups them, but I'm looking for an alarm system that will show me which account received the email). phoneAlarm will not display multiple email accounts separately in the same skin - it aggregates them.
    You may have misunderstood my post; by using PA AND SPB Diary, I am able to achieve what you are asking; PA displays the MMS/SMS, VM, Email, etc and Diary breaks the email down account by account. Is this what you are looking for?

You may have misunderstood my post; by using PA AND SPB Diary, I am able to achieve what you are asking; PA displays the MMS/SMS, VM, Email, etc and Diary breaks the email down account by account. Is this what you are looking for?
    My bad copied the wrong message...

Quote Originally Posted by mrailing View Post

I am assuming that using the programs together don't cause any conflict. I was considering using both. Do you use both on your today screen? Is there anything I should be aware of when using both?

Thanks

No, I want the alarm program to tell me which account received the email. I have SBSH PocketBreeze, so I think we are talking about the same functionality. If it is something else, let me know. Thanks!

I look at the top of my Today Screen where I see an email alert displayed in PA, I then look down to the middle/bottom of my today screen where SPB Diary will have the subject line of the email that was received AND from which email account it was sent to. It's not shown in the SS below but when an email is received, the email is automatically displayed replacing the calender tab.

I look at the top of my Today Screen where I see an email alert displayed in PA, I then look down to the middle/bottom of my today screen where SPB Diary will have the subject line of the email that was received AND from which email account it was sent to. It's not shown in the SS below but when an email is received, the email is automatically displayed replacing the calender tab.

how are you getting diary to replace calendar tab when new mail arrives?

I see. But what if you have the top account open in Spb Diary, thus hiding all of the other accounts?

I appreciate the input, but it's not the type of solution I'm looking for. I really want pA to allow me to have separate icons for my accounts. rlToday will do that (sort of, since I only have 1 non-Exchange account), but I don't think I can change the image when a new email arrives.

I used RLToday to do the same.. never could really get a program that I liked. I tried PhoneAlarm, but I did care for how it truly took over all of my alarm settings. I also tried SPB apps, but they weren't flexible enough for me. RLToday really allows you to make/customize what you want. Great and stable program. Runs extremely lite!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Alternative Messaging Today Plug-in-capture.jpg  
    Last edited by mynticelx; 11-19-2007 at 07:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mynticelx View Post
    I used RLToday to do the same.. never could really get a program that I liked. I tried PhoneAlarm, but I did care for how it truly took over all of my alarm settings. I also tried SPB apps, but they weren't flexible enough for me. RLToday really allows you to make/customize what you want. Great and stable program. Runs extremely lite!
    Very nice! Are you able to have the images change when you get a new message? I haven't looked that deeply into rlToday. Thanks!