+ Reply to Thread

Thread: underscore key

Holly

underscore key

I can't find it. Dummy me. Can anyone help? The line above the C is a dash.

Only found one post where the member said:
    The underscore is an exercise in extreme patience

But, didn't elaborate on what the exercise was.

Trying to set up my POP email account.

Holly

Press the Fn button and space button to pull up various symbols. In the first section you will see the underscore key as #8. Press #8 from the number keypad (the phone one) and you should get an underscore. Press Fn and space again to exit this menu.

turn on the on screen keyboard by pressing it with your stylus (lower middle part of the screen)...then press shift on the on screen keyboard....the underscore is to the left of the numbers....
    I want the storm and I want it now!

Holly
    Thanks, consider this answered! Very helpful. The simple things that make you want to scream.

Control key

I miss a control key on the keyboard. I'd love to be able to type Ctl+C to copy, Ctl+v to paste etc.
    Am I missing something? I haven't been able to find such a key. Is there anyway to program a key to act as the control key?
    Thanks,
    David.

Not sure about a <ctrl> key, but I can tell you that I missed having the context menu key from the i730 that mimicked the Tap-and-hold menu, so I used the standard Settings->Buttons and remapped the "Button 3" (that redundant Messaging key on the Keyboard) to <Context Menu> and that usually gives me the copy, cut, paste functionality when I've got text selected...

The only other way I know of is the onscreen keyboard, but maybe one of those button-mapping programs that I haven't tried yet does it.