+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1. #1
    Registered User
    Join Date
    11-01-2007
    Posts
    67

    Pocket Plus versions - beware

    In my rush to get the essentials loaded onto my i760, I didn't stop and check the s/w versions. In getting Pocket Plus, I went with PocketGear (because it was cheaper). Today I realized it was cheaper because it was the older version 3.x.

    I really like the features of 4.x, but will now have to pay $15 to upgrade. Would have been cheaper if I just purchased 4.x to begin with from Mobihand or Handango. Not to mention, the upgrade is not even avail yet from Pocketgear.

    Oh well, hopefully another newbie will learn from my mistake.

  2. #2
    Registered User
    Join Date
    06-24-2006
    Location
    IL
    Posts
    2,290
    Write SPB Software support and let them know what happened. It wouldn't surprise me if they swapped the versions for you for any difference in price if you can demonstrate the purchase date. I've found them a very responsive and responsible company, who probably wouldn't mind knowing that someone's still selling an out of date version.

  3. #3
    Registered User
    Join Date
    07-28-2005
    Location
    IL
    Posts
    92
    Have you noticed any issues with lockups after installing it? I have to reset at least once a day and lots of times it will lock up on incomming calls. The only common thing I've had installed between hard resets is pocket plus.

  4. #4
    Techie in a Cowboy Town
    Join Date
    11-28-2003
    Location
    Grand Junction, Co.
    Posts
    706
    I had issues with 4.x ... went back to 3.2 (I think) ... been rock solid ever since ... my issues where with button mapping I believe ... when I assigned ok/close to the ok button and spb's close (real close) to the ok button long press ... I had all sorts of stuff happen ... wrong apps opening ... lockups .. very strange ... it would work for awhile ... then all heck would break loose ... with 3.2 all is well .. I'm not using the today program though ... I just don't need it ...
    Fuzzy
    Kyo 6035, Sam I300, Sam I330, Kyo 7315, Treo 600, Sam I600, Sam I700, GL1000, HP6315, SX56, PDA2K, Jam, Xv6600 W/cam, Treo 650, I730 Wm2K3, Treo 700W, I730 w/WM 5.0, XV6700, Moto Q (Silver), Treo 700WX, xv6700 wm6, Moto Q Black, Moto Q9m, Sam I760, xv6800, xv6900, Q9C, Touch Pro, iPhone 3G 16G, iPhone 3gs 32G ... not even gonna list the non converged units

  5. #5
    Registered User
    Join Date
    11-01-2007
    Posts
    67
    Quote Originally Posted by Dakota R/T View Post
    Have you noticed any issues with lockups after installing it? I have to reset at least once a day and lots of times it will lock up on incomming calls. The only common thing I've had installed between hard resets is pocket plus.
    I've haven't had any issues with lockups. (at least with v3.x )

  6. #6
    Registered User Sleeve's Avatar
    Join Date
    05-21-2003
    Location
    Between my shoes and my hat
    Posts
    1,703
    FYI, 15% off at our store (powered by Mobihand) until Nov 15. It has a lot of apps, and the 15% adds up. See the sticky at the top of the forum.
    -s

  7. #7
    Registered User
    Join Date
    06-24-2006
    Location
    IL
    Posts
    2,290
    Quote Originally Posted by FuzzyWuzHe View Post
    my issues where with button mapping I believe ... when I assigned ok/close to the ok button and spb's close (real close) to the ok button long press ... I had all sorts of stuff happen
    This sounds like conflicting task managers, which happened to me with the HTC task manager on my TyTN II. Do you have anything else that "really" closes applications installed on the phone? If so, you'll need to pick one and shut the other function down.

  8. #8
    Registered User
    Join Date
    11-01-2007
    Posts
    67
    Quote Originally Posted by PerfAlbion View Post
    Write SPB Software support and let them know what happened. It wouldn't surprise me if they swapped the versions for you for any difference in price if you can demonstrate the purchase date. I've found them a very responsive and responsible company, who probably wouldn't mind knowing that someone's still selling an out of date version.
    Thanks a lot PerfAlbion for the advice! I wrote to SPB support and explained the situation, and they gave me a free upgrade to v4.x.

  9. #9
    Registered User
    Join Date
    04-10-2007
    Posts
    1
    I installed the trial, but I got lockups as well.
    I did install it to the storage card which might be a no-no. I believe the install even printed a warning about putting it on a card.
    I removed it and haven't try installing to device.

    Note, I did install spb diary to card and it has worked fine.

  10. #10
    Registered User
    Join Date
    11-01-2007
    Posts
    67
    Quote Originally Posted by dreiland View Post
    I installed the trial, but I got lockups as well.
    I did install it to the storage card which might be a no-no. I believe the install even printed a warning about putting it on a card.
    I removed it and haven't try installing to device.

    Note, I did install spb diary to card and it has worked fine.
    I wouldn't install Pocket Plus to the card. It's always being used (close button, today plug in) and should really be installed to the device. Mine is running 4.x now and I haven't had any problems yet.

  11. #11
    Registered User
    Join Date
    06-24-2006
    Location
    IL
    Posts
    2,290
    I'd also pull Diary off the card and put it in memory. I suspect you'll be complaining about instability when the phone wakes up if you don't...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts