+ Reply to Thread

Moving Inbox to Storage Card

This was easily done on the i730, but that registry hack does not work for me on the i760. Moving the attachments is easy, but how to move the mail itself.

Any ideas?

Same registry hack works perfectly for me (once I fixed a typo). Be sure that the folder you referenced in the registry exists on the storage card or I don't think it will work.

Alan

can you point me to where this hack is outlined? i just got my sdhc card tonight, and would also like to keep my entire inbox on the memory card rather than on the phone itself. thanks!

Didn't this require a hack to delay the launch of messaging/ActiveSync so that the phone had time to index the card at startup? I recall moving my in-box and having nothing but issues with hangs without that.

The link is:

Location of Inbox Database

But I can't get it to work

Try this ...

Change the location of email and attachments

When reading and sending email in Pocket Outlook, emails and their attachments are saved in the device's internal storage by default. You can change this location to, for example, your Storage Card:

HKCU\Software\Microsoft\MAPI\PropertyPath = "\Storage Card\Mail" (REGSZ string, no quotes)
    HKCU\Software\Microsoft\MAPI\AttachPath = "\Storage Card\Mail\Attachments" (REGSZ string, no quotes)
    To return to the original location:
    Just simply delete these Registry settings (since neither is included by default).

got it here: Windows Mobile 5 Registry Tweaks - MoDaCo