+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

To case or not to case

That is the question. Who is using a case, and who is just pocketing?

so far, i'm just pocketing it. they gave me a case when i purchased it, but it's magnetic, which apparently has been causing problems for some users. plus, i don't like having to pull it out of the case just to take a call. i'm hoping that in the near future, there will be more to choose from. i would, at a minimum, put a screen protector on it, if you haven't already. you don't wanna find yourself with a scratched or cracked screen within a month of purchase.

I got the screen protector, and actually just got a fitted leather case from Carry Mobile. It kinda takes away a bit of the pocketing ability of the phone though.

i got the verizon universal pda holster,im ok with it, i just dont put it in the case with the screen facing the magnets....

I can't bring myself to holster - it's just too geeky, even for me (my wife is shocked). Also, I used to holster my StarTac, until I forgot about it and it met its demise in the bathroom thanks to careless belting. Never again.

What an ignominious 400th post...

Pocket for t3h win!

Using a leather Samsung slide-in case which comes with a magnet closure...but I make sure to have the magnet face the backside of the phone not the display.

Very happy as I'm using it mainly to protect the phone while it is in my purse I couldn't find one sans the belt clip which I would have preferred.

I can't get myself to pocket my i760. I've keep my keys in one pocket and change and money clip in the other. I'm too worried the screen will get scratched. Thus, I keep mine in a vertical universal PDA pouch that I bought from VZW two years ago for my i730. It's not a perfect fit (a bit wider than the i760), but gets the job done.
    -Jay
    The Fine Print:Nothing in this post (or any of my other posts) is intended to constitute legal advice or the establishment of an attorney-client relationship. For purposes of this forum, I'm just another nerd like you. :-)

i have been using a treo case i got from timbuk2 who makes nice messanger bags. i got it for my i730 when i bought the bag. the 730 never fit wuite right but it was the only side in case that offered a cutout for the antenna. it fits my 760 perfectly and allowes m to grab the phone and slide it horozontally out by grabbing the top sides of the phone. also a velcro flap can be moved in place to keep it from falling out but i typically swing it out of the way when at work to make it easier to get to.

Pretty Good Member
    Screen protector, pocket ... and Verizon replacement insurance.

No screen protector, Case or holster and Verizon replacement insurance.

Quote Originally Posted by mrpacs View Post
    No screen protector, when i'm out of the house I have a naztech case that I dont really like a whole lot, but it protects the phone while in my coat pocket. I also have replacement insurance.

Quote Originally Posted by mrpacs View Post
    Ditto that, except I have the screen protector. I'm not worried about the body getting dinged up, but I've had too many screens get scratched.

I've been pocketing. I bought some Pocket Solution protectors, had one on for about 30 minutes before I ditched it. I've been trying cases at Best Buy. There was an HTC one, but the magnets were too strong. This other Swiss one was too tight and had a wallet built in. If I find a good horizontal case, I'll probably take it. I had the HTC all but bought until the magnets tripped the screen on. Any case I buy will be from a retailer so I can try it right there before buying.
    -s

Waiting on a good plastic snap in holster - ala the one that comes with the Q. Currently just in the pocket - no screen protection.

I'm also just using a screen protector right now waiting for a holster. I'm one of the few who actually really liked the i730 holster that came with the unit (until the clip broke off). I only want one if the screen faces in like the i730.

I just pocket. The recessed screen is a wonderful feature and you wonder why other phones don't have one. That alone eliminates so many scratches.

Quote Originally Posted by bobjamision View Post
    Waiting on a good plastic snap in holster - ala the one that comes with the Q. Currently just in the pocket - no screen protection.
    i also would love some sort of clear, plastic snap on case. my father recently bought the good old Razr v3m and picked up one of the clear, molded plastic protective covers for it, and i love it. looks great.

there was some initial discussion in this forum around the time the i760 came about some users investigating what it would take to get a clear molded cover produced - what ever came of that, does anyone know?

No screen protector, just the discountcell plastic holster.

I used to obsess over protecting my old treo with screen protectors and cases and it just looked awful. Then about 6 months before getting the Sammy, I took the protectors off and enjoyed the device so much more!

Not sure if the i760 uses the same type of screen material as the Treo 650, but my Treo 650 never got ONE SCRATCH on the screen in over 2 years of use. Not one. It's like the plastic film they put over the touch screen is not scratchable or something...not sure, but I would just keep it wiped off, and it always looked like new.

Hopefully, the i760 plastic is just as good.