+ Reply to Thread

Is the i760's Internal Antenna Placed Length Wise or Width Wise?

Hey guys,

So I got a 4gb microsd card and it came with one of those "sticker cellphone booster" deals for free. I know I have heard its bogus, but hey its free and it is a simple sticker can't hurt to put it in. Anyhow, the directions say to place sticker in direction the atenna is facing, since the antenna is internal I do not know if the antenna is widthwise at the top or if it length wise on the right side or left side, when lookking at the phone from the back.

Does anyone know? Your input is appreciated.

It is "just a sticker", but if that sticker did anything dont you think it already be in the phone? just a thought..

Quote Originally Posted by botond View Post
    It is "just a sticker", but if that sticker did anything dont you think it already be in the phone? just a thought..
    I know..... but I figure it was free, doesn't hurt anything to have it in there, what the hell, why not.

So does anyone know the answer to my original question?

Tom

Quote Originally Posted by Indiglow99 View Post
    I know..... but I figure it was free, doesn't hurt anything to have it in there, what the hell, why not.

So does anyone know the answer to my original question?

Tom
    What if it DOES hurt something with it in there?

I'd say unless your service is god awful, leave it out.

Can I just get answer to my question please. I am not worried aobut it.

Tom

I a not sure but I know a few things,

One, Verizon claims that little sticker voids your warranty, and two I installed it in my old U740 and it DID help the reception by about one bar average.

scam cellphone booster - Google Search

Alright.. first off you really should listen to the people in this thread.. it's metallic paint on a sticker. it will not do a damn thing except look ugly and possibly void your warranty. These things have been circulating for years and it is complete and total junk - no if's and's or but's. They have been debunked by every major carrier and many, many studies.

Nevertheless it's your phone, if you are insistant upon attaching a useless sticker I can't stop you.

If you look at the back of your phone you will see a warning not to hold your hand in that area for best reception.

It is at the top of the phone and the warning sticker runs horizontal. I'd say that is pretty strong anecdotal evidence.

Now.. don't do it. That is all.