+ Reply to Thread

Bluetooth File Transfer Question

I can pair my laptop to the i760 just fine via BT.

I can also send a file from the i760 to the laptop just fine via BT.

However, when I try to transfer a file from my laptop to the i760, I get an error on my laptop that says:

"Remote device does not support service"

Any ideas?

I'm using a simple "right click" send via bluetooth on my laptop. It sees the
    i760 and when I click "send" I get the error.

Weird.

I can "retrieve" files using the FTP feature of bluetooth on the i760, but I'd like to just simply send them from my laptop.

Can anyone help with this one?

Thanks in advance,

Jeff

I wanted to BUMP this post because I just realized on my phone that I can send a file to my laptop but my laptop tells me that my

"File transfer was unsuccessful.

The file transfer failed because the receiving Bluetooth computer or device did not respond.

If you sent the file to another computer, that computer must be running the Bluetooth File Transfer Wizard. If you sent the file to a Bluetooth device, make sure the OBEX File Push Profile is installed."

Please anyone help, I almost think that phoneAlarm was the reason but I have no idea, and I don't know how to fix it.

EDIT: Well I think I may have fixed it, I was right, I had to reinstall phoneAlarm, Activate IR and then I uninstalled, does anyone know the registry key that I could have done instead?
    Last edited by mazz0310; 02-21-2008 at 11:35 PM.