+ Reply to Thread

HTC Home plugin 2.0 on i760?

Hey everyone,

I'm really new to this phone and forum. Both look great so far.

I ventured to install the HTC Home plugin for my i760 and it seems the 1.5 version works fairly well, but I hear there are a bunch of features and bigfixes in the 2.0 version. Whenever I try to load 2.0, my Today screen simply remains blank. Am I doing something wrong? I've tried searching the forum but to no avail.

If anyone has gotten plugin version 2.0 to work on their i760?

Thanks.

Have you tried uninstalling the old one first?

Hi Trinergy,

Yes, I uninstalled the 1.5 version, soft reset, installed 2.0, soft reset, but nothing appears on my today screen. The HTC Home Customizer application sees it installed correctly though because it shows all the options for the 2.0 plugin.

Yeah, the problem your running into here is that the 2.0 version your trying to install was created by someone that was going to use it on another HTC device, and accordingly drew the assumption that whoever was installing it would have certain system files. Nevertheless, I had found a version of 2.0 that works on the i760 ( RapidShare: 1-Click Webhosting ), and if you hop over to the xdadeveloper forums, they've got just about everything HTC ripped off of all their phones and .cab'bed up for install. A word to the wise, though: If your going to experiment with software not written for your phone specifically, play around with different .cabs, see what works and what doesn't, then do a hard reset back to factory condition. Several of these HTC .cabs will install files directly into your windows directory folder, which will in turn make the device a bit sluggish. The HTC Home Plug in above installs the plug in to a seperate HTCHome folder, as to avoid this. Happy hunting

enderbh,

The link you provided to the rapidshare file, I thought was the 1.5 version. This is the same file link in PPCGeeks and xda-developers. Both sites on top mention that "The links below are the 1.5 version".

I could be wrong. Is there a way to check the version? I'm new at this and didn't see a way to get the HTC home plugin version.

Thanks.

Really, the only way to know what version you've got is the about tab in the HTC Home Customizer, and it calls this plugin out as version 1.5, but it has the fixes in there, like the contacts fix and brightness fix, so it may be a modified version of 1.5. I'll say, though, it works like a champ, and if you using the HTC Home Customizer program anyways, there really aren't any benefits to the 2.0 version over the 1.5. The 2.0 version floating around that was made by schen includes registry entries that check the phone's make, model, and version, which is why it will install, but the actual htchome app won't load. If someone were to edit those out, and I'm not one to know how, it may work, but outside of that, you can accomplish all that 2.0 can do with 1.5 + the HTC Home Customizer.

There is both versions & the latest Customizer @ Pocket Emu

2.0 isn't working for me either.

I'm also having difficulty changing the appearance of the clock, icons, etc., using HHC. It only shows the default appearances even though HCC is says it is using a different icon.

You guys using the HTC plugin are you able to change the appearance?

edit:
    Never mind, found HTC.Kaizer.Home.Plugin.with.Tabsetting.schen.cab
    Last edited by KINetics; 11-09-2007 at 10:27 PM.

what version of the plug in are you using? Get 1.0b if you haven't already. Also, isn't the "HTC.Kaizer.Home.Plugin.with.Tabsetting.schen.cab" is version 1.5 of the plug in?

Yes. I have the same version installed and it is version 1.5. Anyone have any luck getting 2.0 installed? 1.5 works great, except that I get a blank bar on the right side after I switch from portrait to landscape and back to portrait again. It's like the plugin doesn't get redrawn correctly and I'm missing the part where the scroll bar used to be.

I can't speak for everyone else, but 2.0 has been a dead end for me. I've tried all matter of installation files, fixes, patches that work for some but don't for us. The only two things I've come to believe ,might work is if you could do a registry edit to make your phone identify like an HTC model that uses the plug in natively, or hex edit the htchome.dll to exclude where it tries to identify the phone. The latter I have tried, but when I edit the file, the signatures for the file are lost, and then the file is useless, i.e. it doesn't even show as an option on the today settings screen. Best wishes with the search for HTCHP 2.0 for i760. I have a feeling though, your best bet might be to brave the language barrier and try to contact schen over in xdadevelopers. He is the one that orginally ripped and cab'bed 2.0. He might be willing to code a fixed version...

Thanks for all your responses guys. I guess I'll be sticking with 1.5.
    The only downside for me to 1.5 was that the brightness button doesn't work, which is why I was interested in upgrading. Here's to hoping that someday we'll have a real 2.0.

Thanks again!

I was on the emu boards (because I had the same problem) and according to a person over there he did successfully get v2.0 too work but mentioned that it was a PITA (pain in the a$$) and recommended to just use v1.5.
    http://www.pocketemu.com
    It is kind of fun to try the impossible.

Anyone having issues with the weather tab not automatically updating even though the option is checked in HHC?

I'm guessing its because the device goes to sleep and therefor no data connection is made in the background. Pity.