+ Reply to Thread

Can you delete a certain ring tone from Phone Alarm?

For those of you that have Phone Alarm? Do you have a ring tone listed called fantasy.wma or 1_1khz_0db.wma? I'm not sure if something is wrong with the file on my phone or what, but when it goes off it sounds like a tornado siren (literally!). I want to delete it so that it can't accidently ring like that ever again. I looked through the Phone Alarm file via file explorer but couldn't see any ring tones.
    Last edited by kim.; 11-09-2007 at 07:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by kim. View Post
    For those of you that have Phone Alarm? Do you have a ring tone listed called fantasy.wma or 1_1khz_0db.wma? I'm not sure if something is wrong with the file on my phone or what, but when it goes off it sounds like a tornado siren (literally!). I want to delete it so that it can't accidently ring like that ever again. I looked through the Phone Alarm file via file explorer but couldn't see any ring tones.
    PhoneAlarm looks for files that are already on the device. I believe it looks for files in the windows directory. In there are the files you are talking about. I'm not sure if you'll be able delete the files if they reside in ROM memroy. On a side note: I know exactly what your talking about...what a loud sound!
    Thanks
    - Andrew - PDAPhoneHome.com

Quote Originally Posted by tange1 View Post
    On a side note: I know exactly what your talking about...what a loud sound!
    That crazy tone went off yesterday at work. My phone was in a drawer and I swear we all thought it was the tornado siren outside. When I realized it was my phone and opened the drawer I thought everybody was going to drop to the ground holding their ears. I can't imagine ever wanting that noise to happen on purpose.

I just went through phone alarm and changed all the profiles so even if I accidentally set it on the wrong profile, it won't choose that tone. Hopefully that will fix the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by kim. View Post
    I just went through phone alarm and changed all the profiles so even if I accidentally set it on the wrong profile, it won't choose that tone. Hopefully that will fix the problem.
    So, weeks ago I went through phone alarm and removed that ring from all of the profiles. Well, as of last night it seems to have reset itself and now when I have a missed call it sets off that crazy loud tone! I'm not sure how the profile got changed because I haven't done anything with the profile settings recently.

This ring tone is so awful that I think I'm just going to have to delete Phone Alarm altogether. I'm not kidding when I say it sounds like a tornado siren!

Any ideas on how I might delete this specific ring tone from my phone?

Grab Total Commander, do a find files for the ring tone you hate, and delete it wherever you find it.

You're right that it's terrible, and I have no idea why it is there. But with the number at front, it quickly defaults to it in alphabetical order.