+ Reply to Thread

Phone Auto Answer

I'm having a problem with my phone answering calls without any action from me. When the phone riings I take it out of the case and the party calling me is talking. I have pressed no buttons on the phone -- at least I don't think I have.

I checked the phone setting for Auto Answer and it is off.

Anyone else having this problem? Are the buttons so sensitive that you can't take the phone out of the case without causing it to answer a call?

OK. I have done some testing with the phone completely out of the case and without touching the phone it does not auto answer a call.

So, I must be somehow touching a button that causes the call to be answered when I take the phone out of the case. Is this just me and my clumsy touch techniques or have others found a way to avoid this from happening with how they answer calls or with a customization of the default buttons?

I had this problem on my i730. If the case is tight enough to compress the talk button as you're pulling it out, you've answered the call. So a slightly larger case might be your answer.

Drove me nuts when this happened before...