+ Reply to Thread

How Do I Get Rid of Duplicate Program Entries in the Programs Folder after reinstall?

Hey guys,

I just got my 4gb card, so I am uninstalling some programs I put on main memory, using the remove programs function on the phone and installing the programs onto the card. Problem is I now have duplicate entries of the programs in the programs folder on my phone.

Anyone know how to solve this, I am sure it is a simple registry edit, but I am not sure how to go about it.

Any help is greatly appreciated!!

Use File Explorer or you favorite replacement for that and go to \Windows\Start Menu\Programs. Nuke the shortcuts you don't want there and in sub-folders.

Quote Originally Posted by PerfAlbion View Post
    Use File Explorer or you favorite replacement for that and go to \Windows\Start Menu\Programs. Nuke the shortcuts you don't want there and in sub-folders.
    How?

Didn't work for me. If it was desktop Windows XP, easy fix.

Tom
    Last edited by Indiglow99; 11-09-2007 at 06:42 PM.

There will be files in the path PerfAlbion mentioned. They have the file suffix .lnk, but in File Explorer, you can't see suffixes. You should see two for each app that appears twice. Click and hold on the one with the older date until a delete option appears. If you just click on it, it will try to open the app.

You can also ActiveSync to your PC and browse the \windows\start menu\programs folder and do the deletes there.
    -s