+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Unable to receive picture messages

Is anyone else unable to receive pix/msgs sent from other phones? I can't. Someone at HoFo's was unable to as well and he corrected it with a Hard reset which I hesitate at doing. thanks.

Do you have the data block? Or do you have a data plan?

Yeah, several of us had MMS receive problems. Mine did not work. I called 611 and asked them to reset my account settings to allow MMS receive. After about 10 minutes on the phone with a tech that knew exactly what to do, I had MMS receive.
    -s

Quote Originally Posted by Sleeve View Post
    Yeah, several of us had MMS receive problems. Mine did not work. I called 611 and asked them to reset my account settings to allow MMS receive. After about 10 minutes on the phone with a tech that knew exactly what to do, I had MMS receive.
    Cool, I hope you're right. I'll try calling them tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by cstradling24 View Post
    Do you have the data block? Or do you have a data plan?
    Yes, I have a data plan.

Well that eliminates that idea....

I called 611 and spoke to Tech Support. they reset my account but that didn't fix the issue; they opened a service ticket. Sigh. Stay tuned.

Did they make you pop the battery while they did the reset? Then a *22899 after they were done?
    -s

battery pop = no, *228, yes. whats *22899?

*22899 is the same as *228 option 1. You just save listening to the prompt and entering 1.

Resolution... more than likely

I had this same problem. I was unable to send/receive MMS messages. I called Verizon and their like reset the phone, your data isn't blocked.. yadda yadda yadda. Since I wanted a data plan with this phone, I decided to activate it right there on the phone. When I was on hold for tech support after activating the data plan, i set up the profile for data (I previously deleted it since i had problems in the past with the 730). Once i added it, it connected to the data network and I got ALL the MMS messages that were sent to me from a few days back. So it seems to me that you need some sort of data plan or would have to pay per KB in order to get those MMS messages. Please correct me if I'm wrong, but the Verizon person I talked to said thats probably the case.

Quote Originally Posted by Pbsniper88 View Post
    I had this same problem. I was unable to send/receive MMS messages. I called Verizon and their like reset the phone, your data isn't blocked.. yadda yadda yadda. Since I wanted a data plan with this phone, I decided to activate it right there on the phone. When I was on hold for tech support after activating the data plan, i set up the profile for data (I previously deleted it since i had problems in the past with the 730). Once i added it, it connected to the data network and I got ALL the MMS messages that were sent to me from a few days back. So it seems to me that you need some sort of data plan or would have to pay per KB in order to get those MMS messages. Please correct me if I'm wrong, but the Verizon person I talked to said thats probably the case.
    I don't think that's the case, considering MMS messages are available on all phones, not just PDA phones. A friend of mine is having the same problem you had and he does have a data plan. He was receiving PIX messages with his Mot Q, but they stopped coming in once he got his i760.

The VZ rep told him this morning that it should be fixed by the afternoon. I'll find out from him tomorrow and see if the guy told him what the problem was.

Cant believe no one has brought this up but if ANY person having problems has the threaded SMS package installed that likely is the cause of this.
    Thanks
    - Andrew - PDAPhoneHome.com

Is there a website that I can go to test MMS?

Mike

Converged - diggin' it!

my PIX msgs didn't work but now they do

I also had a problem getting PIX messages. I called 611 and the lady was flummoxed. While on hold, I turned my Verizon data plan on (settings> connections tab> connections> advanced> select networks then set programs that auto connect to internet use ‘My ISP’) and all my PIX messages came through. I typically hook up using WiFi so I am frustrated that I have to turn that on to get a PIX message. I read in another post that you are not charged data for an MMS message (PIX message), but still it’s a pain to have to go turn on my VZW data (I only have the 10 MB plan.
    Gadget Girl

Mike, you can send one free from Verizon's site.

http://picture.vzw.com/pub/composer/...Send%2CE-Cards
    -s

Quote Originally Posted by Sleeve View Post
    Mike, you can send one free from Verizon's site.

http://picture.vzw.com/pub/composer/...Send%2CE-Cards
    Thanks...I'll try it out.

Is MMS an additional service? I have unlimited data, 2000 sms. Do I still pay extra for MMS? It's not a service I would pay for since I wouldn't likely ever use it. It's more of one of those 'Hey...look what I can do!' type things.

Mike

Hard reset worked for me, dont try calling tech support , i wasted countless hours and no returned calls from them.

I couldnt recieve mms, but could only send out. Hard resetting is the way to make it work. It works the second you hard reset it , guranteed.

Gubalow

Quote Originally Posted by workingmom View Post
    I also had a problem getting PIX messages. I called 611 and the lady was flummoxed. While on hold, I turned my Verizon data plan on (settings> connections tab> connections> advanced> select networks then set programs that auto connect to internet use ‘My ISP’) and all my PIX messages came through. I typically hook up using WiFi so I am frustrated that I have to turn that on to get a PIX message. I read in another post that you are not charged data for an MMS message (PIX message), but still it’s a pain to have to go turn on my VZW data (I only have the 10 MB plan.
    I tried this and it didn't work for me. I called VZW Tech support again today and they said that they are aware of the issue and that i tis being worked on but that they do not have a fix for it as of yet. I'm hesitant to hard reset but I may not have any choice.

*Also, the tech said that once the issue is fixed, I'll be credited for the time that the MMS service was not functioning.

Quote Originally Posted by MotorcycleMike View Post
    Thanks...I'll try it out.

Is MMS an additional service? I have unlimited data, 2000 sms. Do I still pay extra for MMS? It's not a service I would pay for since I wouldn't likely ever use it. It's more of one of those 'Hey...look what I can do!' type things.

Mike
    Yep, since you have the 2000 SMS paln and no other text/pic messaging plan you will charged $0.25 for every MMS as the 2000 SMS is only for SMS.

There is no way to add a pic messaging plan on top of the 2000 SMS plan as it is one or the other.

I suggest keeping 2000 SMS.