+ Reply to Thread

can i760 sync with outlook on an apple?

Hey guys,

I'm a verizon user locked in to a two year program (so no iphone...) , but I'm also an apple user. I'm also new to the whole smart phone game.

I've looked everywhere but I can't find any information on syncing windows based smart phones with my apple laptop running the apple version of office.

Does anyone know if I can sync a i760 with my outlook contacts, tasks, calendar, etc? Or can anyone point me somewhere to read up on this stuff, because I can't find much about it online. Come to think of it, can MP3s and videos etc. be shuttled easily off a mac onto an i760?

thanks

Quote Originally Posted by farble View Post
    Hey guys,

I'm a verizon user locked in to a two year program (so no iphone...) , but I'm also an apple user. I'm also new to the whole smart phone game.

I've looked everywhere but I can't find any information on syncing windows based smart phones with my apple laptop running the apple version of office.

Does anyone know if I can sync a i760 with my outlook contacts, tasks, calendar, etc? Or can anyone point me somewhere to read up on this stuff, because I can't find much about it online. Come to think of it, can MP3s and videos etc. be shuttled easily off a mac onto an i760?

thanks
    I believe there is an app called "Missing Sync" that does what you want.

For more info about Missing Sync, go to The Missing Sync for Windows Mobile - Synchronize Mac OS X to Windows Mobile 6, WM5, Smartphone and Pocket PC. The i760 is not listed in their list of supported Windows Mobile 6 devices. However, the i760 is listed as a supported device for PocketMac. You can find out more about PocketMac at PocketMac® For Windows Mobile 5 & 6 -- The Original Mac to Pocket PC Sync Software | Call Toll Free 1-866-POCK-MAC.

When I first got my i730, I tried one of the two programs; the other did not support WM5. It seems both programs now support both WM5 and WM6. If you try/buy one of them, please let us know how it works with the i760.
    -Jay
    The Fine Print:Nothing in this post (or any of my other posts) is intended to constitute legal advice or the establishment of an attorney-client relationship. For purposes of this forum, I'm just another nerd like you. :-)

Das Uber Tech Geek
    Hi,

MissingSync works great with my i760.

tech

thanks

thanks everyone,

I pretty sure I'm gonna buy an i760 on monday. i'll let you know which "syncher" I end up using.

I have no issues using the USB connection, however, I can't get Missing Sync to establish a bluetooth connection to my PowerBook. I am running 10.4.11. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance!!!!

Try SyncMate (search Google or VersionTracker for it), it's free, Cocoa, and works great with my i760.

Actually I finally got it working via Bluetooth....took me until 3AM, but I got it. I needed to change the Bluetooth serial port settings, scrap everything and start from scratch. Now it is perfect. I found the answers on Mark Space's site.

Thanks very much.