+ Reply to Thread

ring tones, alarm tones - how to assign

1. can i get a tip on how to assign a specific ring tone for when certain people are calling or to assign a ring tone in general. I have mp3's stored on the phone but need directions on how to assign it?

2. any special alarm function to where we can assign certain tones to go along w/alarms?

Quote Originally Posted by limitkid7 View Post
    1. can i get a tip on how to assign a specific ring tone for when certain people are calling or to assign a ring tone in general. I have mp3's stored on the phone but need directions on how to assign it?

2. any special alarm function to where we can assign certain tones to go along w/alarms?
    As to assigning custom ringtones for each contact, I'm pretty sure this has been addressed before, but I can't find the thread(s). What you need to do is open up Contacts, open (tap on) the contact to which you want to assign the ringtone, then go Menu-->Edit, and, last, tap on the line for "Ring tone" (which appears right below "Mobile tel" and right about "Web page). When you tap on the Ring tone line, you'll be presented with a pull down menu of all the ringtones that your i760 recognizes. Just pick the one you want for that contact and then tap the OK button. If you want to assign custom ringtones to particular groups of people (as opposed to individual contacts), you'll need to buy a program like Photo Contacts Pro, which I know has been discussed in a separate thread (just search for "Photo Contacts Pro").

As for your second question, go Start-->Settings-->Sounds & Notifications-->Notifications. From there, pick from the pulldown menu called "Event" the type of alarm to which you want to assign a particular sound, check the "Play Sound" box, and then from the pull down menu pick the sound you want. A program such as phoneAlarm (again, search for "phoneAlarm" if you want more info) provides much more customization.
    -Jay
    The Fine Print:Nothing in this post (or any of my other posts) is intended to constitute legal advice or the establishment of an attorney-client relationship. For purposes of this forum, I'm just another nerd like you. :-)

In reference to the custom alarm, is there a special tag or something we can assign/rename or put in a specific folder to have more options than just the one's provided..