+ Reply to Thread

Thread: turn off data

turn off data

here is a stupid question.how do you turn off the data connection.for example when you pull up IE it starts a data connection but when you close out IE the data connection stays on.with WM5 you could click it and the balloon would give you the option to disconnect,WM6 don't.i'm having to turn the phone off and back on to accomplish this.
    thanks

Start/Settings/Connections/Wireless Manager. Tap the right soft key (it says menu). Choose Disconnect Cellular data.

thanks....that's kinda of a pain.i guess i'll make a shortcut for it.

Quote Originally Posted by blazingwolf View Post
    Start/Settings/Connections/Wireless Manager. Tap the right soft key (it says menu). Choose Disconnect Cellular data.
    Orrrr you could just use your stylus and tap the 1X icon on the top and select "disconnect"

Quote Originally Posted by The Matt View Post
    Orrrr you could just use your stylus and tap the 1X icon on the top and select "disconnect"
    thanks matt....that's what i was looking for.i was tapping the data icon and not the 1X or EV icon.thanks

WinMo Noob
    I have found if you press the call end button it will disconnect a data call as well, regardless of the programs you have open on the screen.

David