+ Reply to Thread

APPZONE or Update from VZW and Samsung?

Hey guys.....I live and die by my phone much like all of you. Often times my lunch break at the office is spent in my car listening to the local sports radio station in chicago. I would like the ability to watch some video's on my phone but i have no clue how to either download or stream it. I don't have a slinbox due to budget restraints with the Holidays coming up and a 18 month old son I can't wait to spoil rotten. My home laptops battery is fried so Orb isn't going to work as I can't use my work laptop to store such files. Is Verizon and or Samsung planning an update to enable extra features soon? Also I don't want to touch MobiTV. I know NBC just released a video service for free downloads of their shows but due to the player that has to be downloaded it won't work using PIE. Any info you guys have would be fantastic.

It's relatively easy to convert DVDs into video files that can be transferred to a microSD card and then watched on your phone. Would this work for you? Or are you looking for my "live" stuff?

I am actually looking for a little of both.

you should do a search in this forum for the youtube / flash bundle. you will be able to stream pretty much all kinds of flash based videos from the web.

For converting DVDs, there are several programs you can use. My preference is for Spb's Mobile DVD. Try doing a search for that program in various PocketPC forums.
    -Jay
    The Fine Print:Nothing in this post (or any of my other posts) is intended to constitute legal advice or the establishment of an attorney-client relationship. For purposes of this forum, I'm just another nerd like you. :-)

Bad Verizon, No Cookie!
    VZAppzone works on i760. They don't list it but if you try downloading it and installing it they have it listed on the Download link. Same download as i770.

VZappZone
    Touch Pro 2 - 6.1 Stock ROM - Verizon Wireless

Just download skyfire and watch any on line video. It works amazing

Welcome to Skyfire!

Quote Originally Posted by cgonzgo View Post
    Just download skyfire and watch any on line video. It works amazing

Welcome to Skyfire!
    Downloaded and installed, thanks.
    However, audio is inconsistent. Sometimes on, sometimes not.
    Am I missing something?
    Thanks!

I let the stream download for a while by hitting pause and letting it load for a few seconds, then hit play again. Audio is better that way since there is a bit of a buffer. Hope that helps.

I use skyfire to watch hulu in class... the audio cuts out when i have a poor signal. Do you have good reception when you are streaming? Another member notes that when he ran a speed test while holding the phone in landscape mode (covering the antenna with his hand) he noticed a drop in transfer speeds. Skyfire is a great browser regardless. Good Luck.